south carolina diggers

lizdcarolinas

Jan 14, 2013
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the Spartanburg SC area looking to go out and learn to gold panning or metal detecting, don't mind driving a bit as long as it is not too far from home.....

SusanInColumbia

Greenie
Sep 6, 2012
Columbia,SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm new to this and just got my first metal detector. I'd like to get started hunting with a group. I'm in Columbia. Anybody out there?????

CarolinaDigger

Tenderfoot
Jan 15, 2013
Im in Columbia SC as well.....my wife and i would love to meet up with others to go hunt some relics, coins, or anything interesting!

Overvoltage

Apr 23, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett GTAx500, Infinium L/S, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Aiken. I have been hunting locally with s.c.shooter. I agree we need to get SC dirt hunters going.

Last edited:

tcscivic12

Apr 22, 2013
Darlington, SC
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster Pro
Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
See this is a few months old now, but I am from Darlington, SC.

Overvoltage

Apr 23, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi tcscivic good to hear from another SC Digger

tcscivic12

Apr 22, 2013
Darlington, SC
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster Pro
Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey. Good to hear this is still active and there are other SC diggers out there. Have one old site to detect, but have to wait for colder weather. Not sure where to start to find other areas though.

Overvoltage

Apr 23, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a short 30 min hunt today after work in a park that use to be a subdivision from about 1945 -1970 and found a nice wheetie.

tcscivic12

Apr 22, 2013
Darlington, SC
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster Pro
Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not exactly sure how old it is, but my grandpa said it was real old when his dad was young he was told which is at least the late 1800s. Parts of the old house is still there and the nails in what used to be the house are old cut nails and I have found some old plack powder gun buck shot around it. Dad said the lady gave the house away in 1957 when he wasa boy and the new owners just let it fall in. Also dad said he snuck in the house when it was starting to fall in when he wasa boy and the silverware was still there. I see where the house fell in on the old furniture they left behind. May be a promising site if the vines weren't over running it. The owner says he is going to clear the site soon and will make better for me hunt.

Last edited:

tcscivic12

Apr 22, 2013
Darlington, SC
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster Pro
Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tcscivic, how old is your site?

Where do you usually hunt in South Carolina? I haven't really found anything old yet except the Confederate States of America grave marker thats in my avatar.

brandonsmith

Apr 21, 2013
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I'm a little late to the thread but i too am in South Carolina and looking for an active club or group to hunt with. I live in Beaufort, i have found some awesome stuff in my yard, the oldest dated item so far is a 1910 wheat penny. I also hunt the river beach at The Sands in Port Royal quite a bit, just made my way out to Hunting Island and hunted it for the first time this past weekend. I found an area that i don't believe has been hunted before, dug lots of clad including six quarters, one was a 1965, oh so close! I dug a 1964 nickel, and several older copper pennies, I'm pretty sure there are plenty of old coins left there to be found. If anyone is close enough to get together, i would love to show you where! HH everyone

Overvoltage

Apr 23, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Brandon, I am in Aiken and I enjoy going to Hunting Isl to camp. Mosquitoes are horrific. I have a friend on here SCShooter that I hunt with, we would enjoy coming down there and hunting with you sometime.

scbeachdigger

Apr 10, 2013
Hi Brandon, I am in Aiken and I enjoy going to Hunting Isl to camp. Mosquitoes are horrific. I have a friend on here SCShooter that I hunt with, we would enjoy coming down there and hunting with you sometime.

You know of a group in Horry county that I could hook up with?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions