Hello! Anyone in Greenville, SC

Bjorn

Nov 19, 2018
Greenville, South Carolina
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm looking for a club or something that is in Greenville, SC or close to it, to learn more about panning this area. I don't do anything else but pan really. I just don't have the money to buy a sluice yet. I was hoping the gold I collect would help buy me one :). My wife doesn't like doing it and I know no one that does and am just looking for group to join. Thanks for the help in advance! :)

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Just Google Greenville, SC GPAA. Could get some leads there. Good luck and welcome.

OP
OP
B

Bjorn

Nov 19, 2018
Greenville, South Carolina
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you and hello to you both! :)

I did come across the GPAA but didn't go to much into it before I had to go to work. I will have to check into it farther now that you recommended it! :) I know we have a lot of mines in South Carolina and I live very close to an open mine that I can hear the sirens and the charges go off. As well as the ground tremble. I really don't like it but lets me know there maybe gold in my back yard! :) My wife wont let me dig up the yard though. :(

flyfishinjax

Jan 2, 2019
Greenville, SC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Bjorn, I'm new to prospecting and just joined the forum. I'm in Greenville as well and would be interested in what you find. I live up near Table Rock State Park but I'm not sure where we can legally pan. DNR informed me wildlife management areas and DNR-regulated streams are a no-go. I imagine the same will go for state parks. So it looks like private land or national forests might be our only option. I emailed the GPAA to ask about a local chapter, will let you know what I find out.

Refmec

Feb 11, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys i am in greenwood sc and have quite a few permissions, I am an avid prospector and have a good bit of equipment, high bankers, dredges etc and am always looking for someone to prospect with . I am not a member of ldma or any other clubs, I just roll independently. Just a few things, national forests are good for panning but it is pan only, you can't run dredges, high bankers or sluice box. Pan and classifiers only but read up on it, check Sumter national forest. Hit me up on a pm if you need info or just wanna prospect.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net from Northern Virginia :skullflag:

Jimoutside

Jul 16, 2019
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi, I'm new to all this. I live in Greenville County. If anybody in the upper half of the state would like to meet up and have a little fun panning, I'd be up for it. I have 7 kids and would love to bring a couple along. I don't have any permissions yet, except one, which is somewhat conditional, and I haven't been able to try it yet (not a known gold source). I've practically never panned yet (except once, where I may or may not technically have been allowed to do it, won't push my luck!). But if anybody knows a place and would like to meet up, I'd be happy to do so.

Aug 14, 2023
I know this is a few years old, but im also looking to start prospecting in the upstate. If y'all still on this site, let me know. Or if any other people are interested let me know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread