WriterofWords

Apr 4, 2005
Southern N.M.

Davisdog

Jul 18, 2006
Spanaway, WA
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3300
I would like to get out there. I have a couple of low end detectors as well as some panning equipment.

I'm in El Paso, but my time here is limited as I'll be heading to Iraq in a few months and I'll be busy training in the mean time. September is tied up completely.

Davisdog.

OP
OP
WriterofWords

WriterofWords

Apr 4, 2005
Southern N.M.
I'm still out there, I had another person answer who was interested but I lost their darn email! I'll be on Intersession at school from October 12 - 23 but I'll be in Ruidoso at the Lincoln County Cowboy Symposium the 8th - 11th of October. Drop an email if you want to try and get together. I'm also an avid Geocacher if you do that!

stude

Nov 8, 2009
las cruces nm
I grew up in EP and live in LC now. In the 60's I had a history teacher tell me that the Butterfield stage route had a station in what is now Chapparral. This route had split somewhere east of EP close to Hueco Tanks and was the northern route that passed through Anthony Gap. This station is somewhere on the west edge close to MLK blvd. Back then he said that the foundation and some walls were still visible. This is all private land and I never got around to checking it out. Let me know if you get any info on the site.

OP
OP
WriterofWords

WriterofWords

Apr 4, 2005
Southern N.M.
In talking with Jimmy Bowen that old station is where his office is on the South side of State Line. He knows quite a bit of the history of it and loves to talk. Stop by The Edge of Texas and visit with him there some time.

alexfm123

Nov 17, 2009
Far West Texas
Not sure if you're still looking for a MD buddy, but Im interested in MD'ing, but I dont have any equipment. I live in El Paso, so if you're interested we can try and work something out.

Just shoot me a PM.

Alex.

spawn00x

Jan 25, 2009
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70
Hi, I belong to the El Paso chapter of the GPAA. We meet once a month and have outings once a month. http://goldprospectorsofelpaso.com/

Art Maya

WriterofWords said:
Hi, I live in Chaparral in between El Paso, TX and Las Cruces, NM. I'd love to find a buddy to do some detecting with over this Summer. I usually am detecting with the Passport in Time group with the USF but I'm taking the Summer off. Or if anyone can suggest some good areas around here or within 3 - 400 miles I'd appreciate it.
Kat

Drgonslyer

Greenie
May 20, 2011
West Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XTL - V3i
Kat, the El Paso Prospector Club meets the last Thursday of each month at the Radio club at Cotton and SanDiego Streets (al the top of cotton street hill) at 7pm. We are a metal detecting club that has been around since 60's.

coil.soiler.rich

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
Any of you southern New Mexico area folks interested in a history book of the area? Especially it covers 1800's Army history of old Fort Fillmore in NM. I have 12 extra brand new copies of this book I will sell CHEAP just to move them. Prefer to sell multiple copies to one party for resale @$6 each plus shipping on the lot, but will also sell single copies @$10.50 each postpaid. Here is the book: http://www.amazon.com/Forgotten-Fortress-Fillmore-Antebellum-Frontier/dp/1881325571
You can email me at tornjeansbooks{-A-T-}gmail.com

ALL BOOKS ARE NOW SOLD 11/1/2011 THANKS

VolGal

Feb 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in El Paso but do not know where to detect. I am looking for suggestions or a detecting buddy.

Kopperhed

May 2, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I'm in el Paso fpr a while Working nights and looking for someone to hunt with. I have the garret ace 400 and pro pin pointer. You can text me at (479)886-1563.

Scout331

Jul 18, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any one still looking for a " buddy " I'd like to invite yall to join the local club, the el paso prospectors club you can find us on Facebook we usually run 1 hunt a month as a club and our members are always going out some place at any given weekend

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in Mesilla Park(Las Cruces). Always up for a hunt in between honey do's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions