Location in Collin County

Silenthunter

Sep 30, 2010
McKinney, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
I have some land that can be hunted, many acres. I will be contacting the owner as he is a friend, and his home is on the property that was part of Gov. Throckmorton's land. He married into the family and there homestead was in the same area in mid 1800's. I would like to know approximately how many would be interested in doing some hunting on his land, so i can make arrangements with him. This land has never been hunted and I'm sure we would find some interesting stuff there. The current house is early 19th century and there are many old buildings still on the property. PM or email if you might be interested in doing this soon.

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might be interested in a group hunt, just depending on when. Sounds like a great offer!

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'd be interested in this hunt! I'm in Plano so not far away...

Tarheel72

Dec 8, 2010
Plano, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Power Master
Please advise if this hunt is on either now or in the future. I am free most days right now.

ck481

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2010
Plano, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
I'm sure I am a little late to the show but has anything happened out that way yet? I'm interested either way.

Chris

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nuthin' has happened yet! I emailed the OP but haven't heard anything. I think he/she forgot or got busy!

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Great so far! Very sensitive and almost finds TOO much! Of course I run in zero mode most of the time and dig anything 'iffy'...of which there's a lot out there in that category. I do lunge exercises now because I'm digging a lot more targets than I used to and get tired of sore legs. I also carry my e-tool with me on all hunts that would allow one! If I'm in the woods-more than anything else lately-I carry a good sharpshooter or similar.

I also took it to a lake and am really looking forward to some water hunts with this thing!

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
ck481 said:
I'm sure I am a little late to the show but has anything happened out that way yet? I'm interested either way.

Chris

Ditto. What was the outcome Silenthunter? Any chance of it still happening? Martin in Mckinney/Princeton

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Anything ever become of this?
Baggins

JPS

Jul 1, 2005
I am up for it. How about Pilot Grove CreeK?. There is a treasure legend/story.

R.B.

Oct 27, 2013
Princeton, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Platinum Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a brand spankin' newbie living in Princeton, Tx. and would like to join you. Anyone else here living near me???

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well are we or aren't we? I'm ready to go find SOMETHING in somewhere NEW! I don't mind helping to get something together. I know Baggjns and a couple others that will be in fosho.

I've been eyeballin a couple spots near Sherman as I drive to Texoma. But it could be anywhere within an hour or so of Big D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread