Anyone in or around San Antonio

A

AlbaGuBrath

Very new to all this, Santa seemed to think I'd like it!

Looking for someone to learn the basics from and pass on any advice, tips and experiences on this hobby.

Someone who wouldn't mind a Scotsman tagging along on any hunts and to share their treasure stories over a cold beer at the end of a long days search.

Happy hunting ( Is that what you say?) ;D

T

texas hunter

Have lived in this area 35 years, but just recently purchased my first MD. I am retired and have time on my hands. Would enjoy talking to or hunting with someone with experience in MD.
PS.--The beer afterwards sounds good !! :)

brutustobias

Mar 1, 2007
I am in San Antonio, only been here six years or so. I am new to the hobby too.

I am looking for some folks to get out and detect with, of course beer afterwards sounds great too.

I saw the San Antonio Metal Detector Club listed here, and other places on the net, but their website has not been updated in years and nobody answers the e mail.

coolbeans

Apr 11, 2007
san antonio texas
Detector(s) used
whites...dfx- D2- sunray..dx-1 whites...beach hunter id 300 garrett..ace..250 bullseye..II
san antonio here too, ive only lived here a little over a year so i to am looking for places to search and people to search with.

TXDIRTFISHER

Dec 11, 2007
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
F75LTD / Tejon
Sounds like we should all put our heads together and find a place to hunt. I'm moving to LaVernia next week but I'm open to MD anywhere around the area. I'll do some research around LaVernia and see if I can find a place for all of us to go. If anyone else comes up with a spot speak up.

EggHunters

Sep 21, 2007
San Antonio, Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
TXBLUZMAN said:
Sounds like we should all put our heads together and find a place to hunt. I'm moving to LaVernia next week but I'm open to MD anywhere around the area. I'll do some research around LaVernia and see if I can find a place for all of us to go. If anyone else comes up with a spot speak up.

TXBLUZMAN, I do some work in LaVernia on occasion. I'm sure there are some great places to hunt there, I know theres a city park there also that has alot of things going on during the year. Might want to check on permission first.

TXDIRTFISHER

Dec 11, 2007
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
F75LTD / Tejon
It will take me a couple of weeks to get settled with the holidays upon us. After that I'll do some research and see if I can find some spots for all of us to go. If anyone else has any ideas let me know. I'll check on md'ing the park in LaVernia. The town was formed in the 1850's so there should be lots of goodies around there.

txdrummer

Jan 24, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Just noticed the post. I am also in San Antonio. There are several schools I have hunted and been suprised by what I've found. I have access to over 100 schools in town. I have additional information about the schools, history, plats, maps, etc. If interested, send me your e-mail address and lets see if we can try to get together.
Tx-

hadite81

Feb 9, 2008
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX, AT PRO, MineLab Eqinox 600 Tesoro Conquistador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
Would love to detect with somone in the area. Been at it for about 7 years, just don't have much time to run around looking for sites. Still trying for my first SILVER.
Kevin reply to [email protected]

Steeler Fan

Apr 3, 2005
has anyone managed to get together? I live in SA and am free to hunt on the weekends. Not looking for your "secret" spots, just someone to go out with and have some fun!

Steeler Fan

SilverPirate

Dec 23, 2012
Boerne Tx.
Detector(s) used
New Minelab E-Trac with Sunray probe, Garrett Ace 350, Teknetics Delta, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am also looking for people to detect with, but I do live about 15 min north of SA. If any one wants to go detecting hit me up.

Option C

Mar 14, 2013
San Antonio
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett PP.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looking to MD with my son and someone who could share stories and MD. My 18 yo is about to Graduate HS. So i would like this to be our thing. My two older boys enjoyed Hunting,Fishing. Retired Army, Gunsmith.
we live in Stone Oak, San Antonio
We are new
Quick Learners
Let me know
v/r
Carlos

DignupTexas

Apr 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread