Newtodig

Greenie
Aug 24, 2015
Cleburne texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter quicksilver/ bounty hunter land star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am spearheading and organized search for information and relic recovery for our local museum and was curious if and md ers would be interested in helping in the search for information and in the recovery of objects in our city. Camp Henderson was the origination for the city of cleburne Texas. We have gotten our hands on a thesis from 1929 stating the general location of the camp and are tracking down more written info. We have an archeologist and paleontologist joining our efforts along with city,county and state historical society trying to aid in the finding and recovery of historically significant items from the original camp site. Feel free to message me for more info

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am spearheading and organized search for information and relic recovery for our local museum and was curious if and md ers would be interested in helping in the search for information and in the recovery of objects in our city. Camp Henderson was the origination for the city of cleburne Texas. We have gotten our hands on a thesis from 1929 stating the general location of the camp and are tracking down more written info. We have an archeologist and paleontologist joining our efforts along with city,county and state historical society trying to aid in the finding and recovery of historically significant items from the original camp site. Feel free to message me for more info
Hi !! Are you going to set a date for an organized hunt?? Thanks Joe

OP
OP
N

Newtodig

Greenie
Aug 24, 2015
Cleburne texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is going to be a historical dig. Much more at stake so until we secure all the state,county and city permissions. And the archeologist and the paleontologist both need to clear the 2nd of two waves of detectors. This is a long process for the group. But after we have an exact date we may post for a few extra people

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is going to be a historical dig. Much more at stake so until we secure all the state,county and city permissions. And the archeologist and the paleontologist both need to clear the 2nd of two waves of detectors. This is a long process for the group. But after we have an exact date we may post for a few extra people

Hey Newtodig..Im in the FTW area and have hunted in Cleburne/Rio vista area a few years back...if you are looking for help, hit me up! I got another hunting buddy that would be down as well

OP
OP
N

Newtodig

Greenie
Aug 24, 2015
Cleburne texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will message everyone interested as we move closer to getting started. We are still in research mode as of right now

battles

Sep 16, 2015
Tx
Detector(s) used
Gamma 6000, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sign me up for the hunt! I live in cleburne and am very interested.

OP
OP
N

Newtodig

Greenie
Aug 24, 2015
Cleburne texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just letting everyone know we are still gathering info. As of now we may be looking at the first thaw out after Christmas

battles

Sep 16, 2015
Tx
Detector(s) used
Gamma 6000, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you have any updates on the camp Henderson dig? Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread