Spanish Cache in Central Texas

Bowsertxhunter

Greenie
May 14, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 1970 in northern San Saba county I was shown what I believe to be Spanish markings in rocks starting at the top of a wash and going down the side for a good ways. I can get access and would like to know what books I need to read and where to find meanings of the symbols? Any help would be appreciated. It could be KBG. But the marks were older I believe.

treasure_hunter_2004

May 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 1970 in northern San Saba county I was shown what I believe to be Spanish markings in rocks starting at the top of a wash and going down the side for a good ways. I can get access and would like to know what books I need to read and where to find meanings of the symbols? Any help would be appreciated. It could be KBG. But the marks were older I believe.

Bart Jeppesen. look him up as he has written 6 books. lots of good info about symbols and signs. guy is a legend in my eyes

jk1031

Dec 7, 2014
Lockhart, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+ & Nokta Makro PulseDive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Travis County, TX (Austin), out by Lake Travis off RR 620. Any stories of stuff out here or good places to search? All I've found is a bunch of civil war bullets in a creek.

Last edited:

jk1031

Dec 7, 2014
Lockhart, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you go about finding the locations of old stage coach depots?

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Brownwood and invite you to join our Central Texas Treasure Club and my Treasure Hunting Texas group on Yahoo.

Central Texas Treasure Club

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/treasurehuntingtexas

CTTClogo.jpg

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometime I think when I am doing an ole house site from the late 1800 hundreds they probable didn"t have 2 nickles to rub together

Those are the kinds of places that offer some of the best possibilities of finding a buried cache of coins, especially the places where there were no banks within a day's ride. The old homesteads and farmhouses often had no reason to carry around loose change or bills. For safekeeping, they often kept their savings in posthole banks or other caches on their property. Back then, older family members often died right in their own homes and many died without telling anyone where their savings was at. I recommend the old book Cache Hunting by H. Glenn Carson.
~Texas Jay

CacheHuntingbyCarson1.jpg

T. R. P. Tx

Aug 7, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Abilene. Have been told tales exactly the same from my grandfather.

Jan 18, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello a56digger. I am new to this site and find this thread interesting. I recently purchased some land north of Cisco and would certainly enjoy local history from the professor at the Jr. College and from the man in Comanche. We have friends in Comanche and go there often as well. I don't know how messaging works on this site yet, but can you please share the names with me? Thank you.

Chazro

Apr 21, 2020
Buda, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Whites Spectrum XLT, Discovery 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
J. Frank Dobie, a Texas writer, has written about such a tale as you describe. Also W.C. Jameson wrote “Buried Treasures of Texas”.

jk1031

Dec 7, 2014
Lockhart, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lockhart, TX here. I'd love to join you on this adventure if you're still invested.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread