Any body in Dallas TX?

al-nm

May 8, 2008
new mexico
Detector(s) used
6000xlpro
Not sure you would be interested but did you know over by the town of Weatherford is a civil war camp. Now its a park but has the history of it there. Surrounding sites should be good for some items. Also on the road going out to lake weatherford on right side of the road between main hwy and the lake was some loot cached from a big robbery. Check the local courthouse there might be some old info there plus i know there used to be lots of pictures of the town and area from way back. Been years since i lived there and back then didnt have a detector. But was always finding old coins etc just laying around in dirt. Hope this helps you out some. Sorry info isnt better been a long time since i was there. good hunting to ya.

OP
OP
johnmed3

johnmed3

Greenie
May 10, 2008
Dallas TX
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV
al-nm said:
Not sure you would be interested but did you know over by the town of Weatherford is a civil war camp. Now its a park but has the history of it there. Surrounding sites should be good for some items. Also on the road going out to lake weatherford on right side of the road between main hwy and the lake was some loot cached from a big robbery. Check the local courthouse there might be some old info there plus i know there used to be lots of pictures of the town and area from way back. Been years since i lived there and back then didnt have a detector. But was always finding old coins etc just laying around in dirt. Hope this helps you out some. Sorry info isnt better been a long time since i was there. good hunting to ya.

Thanks something to definitely look into 8) !

swampgal

May 3, 2008
G, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III
Try North of Dallas on IH 35 on the Red River along the banks. You can't get to the old toll bridge by road any more, but it is east of the IH 35 bridge, access by foot or boat, on the Texas side. I dont know if the Chickasaw nation will allow hunting on the Oklahoma side or not.

Then there is Lake Texoma if you go by way of Gainesville then North to Callisberg then to Dexter( Ghost Town ) then down to lake to Slickem Slew You will need a lake map. http://www.sixoldgeezers.com/indexg.html might be able to access one here. It is better to hunt Texoma when the lake levels are way down. There used to be little communities and home places before they built the lake.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread