Weber/Davis/Box Elder areas????

Suckerpunched

Nov 15, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
:icon_scratch: New to the art of MDing and wondering if there is anyone in this area to pick up some tips and techs from....I live in Ogden and heard that they do not allow detecting here due to problems with people not following the code of ethics.....ie. filling in holes and such. Also heard that state parks are off limits. Researched this online but found nothing concrete, but still have just hit a couple parks in Harrisville and Farr West with little results and no problems.
Like I said,,,,new to this but enjoy finding stuff,,,,any help is appreciated.

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
I have heard the same thing about ogden parks, but I looked online through every Ogden ordinance and could not find anything. I have hunted a couple and had police drive right by me so I'm thinking it may be a rumor. I have hit the harrisville parks pretty hard, but havn't found much either. A silver ring was my best find (for harrisville). Send me a PM before you go MD and I'll see if I can meet up with you somewhere (ogden area).

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
TITAN 3000 XD ,DFX, Minelab X-Terra 705 L Rods
I would like to meet up with you for a hunt any weekend not sunday afternoon i have to go to the office to ck paper work for monday pm me :read2: :coffee2: :icon_sunny:

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am currently in NC but I will be back in Box Elder County in July. If you want to meet up and do some MDing, let me know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread