Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Are there any Clubs in Provo/Orem area?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jacob

Jul 2012
    Tacoma, Washinton
    Garrett 250
    13 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Are there any Clubs in Provo/Orem area?

During my scanty research, I can't help but realize that there doesn't seem to be a lot of MD activity in Provo or Orem areas. Anybody know why?

Charter Member
    us
    Scotland, Aye !!

Oct 2004
    N. San Diego area (Pic of my two best 'finds'; son and grandson)
    Minelab Explorer
    11650 times
    Research and History
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Welcome to Treasure Net !!
    You may wish to start by calling these people: (I listed suppliers of MD equipment since they would probaly know of nearby clubs.)
    Don.......

Metaldetector.Com

Serving the Provo Area. (888) 866-1469
    Black Jacks Metal Detectors & Mining Equipment

Serving the Provo Area. (888) 819-3023
    Prospector Supply

153 W 400 N, Orem, UT 84057 » Map (801) 224-3493

us
    Dec 2011
    West of the Mississippi
    XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
    334 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamin_03 View Post
    During my scanty research, I can't help but realize that there doesn't seem to be a lot of MD activity in Provo or Orem areas. Anybody know why?
    Jamin,

I am curious also. It appeared when I started on T-net that the Utah Branch was very quiet. I guess most do not want to share their finds.

I am fine with sharing but I expect ethical courtesy as I am sure everyone else does. If someone has obtained permission to MD private property, others should respect that and wait/ask for an invitation. Also, if invited, they do not take that as being free to return whenever they like. They are a guest of not only the original MD'er but also of the property owner through that original MD'er. That permission can be quickly denied to all if someone starts poaching another's "claim".

When I take someone to MD property I have secured, I will do so only after getting the okay from the property owner and we will meet the property owner prior to MD'ing. It is the right thing to do.

Public land (State, County, City) is fair game, so no one can lay claim to a city park etc.

Basically it comes down to what type of MD'ers are out here in Utah?
    jamin_03 likes this.
    Respect the research and permissions of others...Seriously...

Oct 2012
    5 times
    Papa Bear and others. I live in American Fork and go out a few times a week right now. I'm trying to get as much in before the weather turns. I have a basic face book page called Utah metal detecting and prospecting. I've organized a few outings but it ends up usually our little group. I stopped setting these up because with a group of 3-6 none of them took me to any of their spots. I like other people going with me but the Utah county detectors that have contacted me have been selfish. I have 3 types of spots. My secret favorite spots, my local buddies only spots and then a public group spot.
    Kevin72UT likes this.

us
    Treasurenet Lurker

Sep 2008
    Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
    Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
    1098 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by adamlux View Post
    Papa Bear and others. I live in American Fork and go out a few times a week right now. I'm trying to get as much in before the weather turns. I have a basic face book page called Utah metal detecting and prospecting. I've organized a few outings but it ends up usually our little group. I stopped setting these up because with a group of 3-6 none of them took me to any of their spots. I like other people going with me but the Utah county detectors that have contacted me have been selfish. I have 3 types of spots. My secret favorite spots, my local buddies only spots and then a public group spot.

Its not just Utah county hunters. Its up here in Salt Lake County too. No one wants anyone to know where they find stuff or even what they find. its all very strange behavior to someone like me. Ill tell you where I find things. This hobby is not only for me. Even in the clubs they are very tight lipped. That is why I dont go to them anymore. I belonged to the NUTS and the UTA and just stopped going. It almost made me get out of the hobby for a while. But I decided not to let them win.

Sep 2012
    2 times
    I live in payson I have no problem taking anyone to my spots company would be nice
    Kevin72UT likes this.

Mar 2006
    Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
    ETRAC BABY
    24 times
    Good evening everyone. I am going to work in the SLC area in January and am looking for folks to go out and hunt with. I am not looking for anyone's spots, just folks to get out with and enjoy the hobby. If anyone is interested in getting out and hunting the first of the year shoot me a pm and I will get back with ya. I have had the pleasure to hunt with some great folks from TNET, from Illinois and Indiana to Louisiana, Florida and the great state of TEXAS (Sorry Texan born Texan bred). I hope to be able to continue. Thanks. TMAN...

us
    Treasurenet Lurker

Sep 2008
    Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
    Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
    1098 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by tmanfromtexas View Post
    Good evening everyone. I am going to work in the SLC area in January and am looking for folks to go out and hunt with. I am not looking for anyone's spots, just folks to get out with and enjoy the hobby. If anyone is interested in getting out and hunting the first of the year shoot me a pm and I will get back with ya. I have had the pleasure to hunt with some great folks from TNET, from Illinois and Indiana to Louisiana, Florida and the great state of TEXAS (Sorry Texan born Texan bred). I hope to be able to continue. Thanks. TMAN...
    Heres an early welcome to Salt Lake. I think you may want to leave your detector at home and come out with some ice fishing poles and gear. Im thinking by January the ground is going to be pretty hard. But if youre in the area drop me a PM.
    Kevin72UT likes this.

Mar 2006
    ETRAC BABY
    24 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fmrUSMC_0844 View Post
    Heres an early welcome to Salt Lake. I think you may want to leave your detector at home and come out with some ice fishing poles and gear. Im thinking by January the ground is going to be pretty hard. But if youre in the area drop me a PM.
    Thanks for the welcome USMC. I just found out that I will be out there on the second of January for a while. I hunted in the Chicago area for 3 years when I worked up there, hunted sub freezing temps and snow on the ground so it doesnt bother me much but dang I hate hunting with a pick axe. LOL. I will shoot a pm when I get in town and set up. Looking forward to meeting some new hunting buddies. I hunted some in Florida but was by myself most of the time and really missed hunting with someone.

us
    Jacob

Jul 2012
    Tacoma, Washinton
    Garrett 250
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn_nunnelly View Post
    I live in payson I have no problem taking anyone to my spots company would be nice
    I would be interested to go out to your spots. I live in Provo and should have some time when the ground thaws.

Jamin_03
    Kevin72UT likes this.

us
    Jacob

Jul 2012
    Tacoma, Washinton
    Garrett 250
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tmanfromtexas View Post
    Thanks for the welcome USMC. I just found out that I will be out there on the second of January for a while. I hunted in the Chicago area for 3 years when I worked up there, hunted sub freezing temps and snow on the ground so it doesnt bother me much but dang I hate hunting with a pick axe. LOL. I will shoot a pm when I get in town and set up. Looking forward to meeting some new hunting buddies. I hunted some in Florida but was by myself most of the time and really missed hunting with someone.
    I might be interested in coming up to SLC, Tman. I'm a student about 45 minutes south of SLC. Keep me posted with the hunts and I'll see if I can make some time to come up.

Jamin

Mar 2006
    ETRAC BABY
    24 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jamin_03 View Post
    I might be interested in coming up to SLC, Tman. I'm a student about 45 minutes south of SLC. Keep me posted with the hunts and I'll see if I can make some time to come up.

Jamin

will do Jamn

Dec 2012
    It seems like there are so few women who MD.

us
    Feb 2009
    Treasure Valley Id
    Garrett AT-Pro, White's IDX/Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
    132 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by writersteve801 View Post
    It seems like there are so few women who MD.
    You need to check out the metal detecting topics and the what is it topics!
    “Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind.”
    Dr. Seuss Fly EagleDown Fly......

Jul 2013

Provo Treasure Hunt is fun

It isn't metal detecting, but it is hunting for real treasure.

The second annual Treasure Hunt starts on Wed. July 31. There are mini-hunts for stuff like cases of pop and gift certificates to restaurants, as well as Cash prizes (three $1,000 prizes and one $2,000 prize).

We give out a clue a day for the grand prize and a clue a day for the mini-hunts. They are more like brain teasers, riddles and parts of hints that you have to put together. Last years clues as well as the solution is still up on the website - ProvoTreasureHunt.com

I know it isn't metal detecting, but it shares a lot of the same characteristics - most notably the thrill of finding something hidden that nobody else has!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links