American Fork

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne, let us know how you did. I couldn't come this time but if you did well I'd make the trip from the Cache Valley to do some sluicing with ya when I can. Theres a creek in Ogden Canyon I'd like to try soon, maybe around late May early June, depending on the snow.

OP
OP
WayneChristensen

WayneChristensen

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did not find much. A couple of micro specks,lol. Was fun though. Looking into purchasing a claim. I have a bad bad fever. Bwahahahaha.

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya, thats all I find up here too, just a few specks after running 20 gallons or so of dirt. It's still fun to get out and wash rocks cause you just never know. It would be cheaper to stake your own claim if ya ever find any, or ask a current claim owner if you can dig around on theirs. Have you ever thought about joining a prospecting club, I have but the closest one is over 50 miles away in Ogden. I've been suffering from a metal detecting fever lately but my Keene A52 sluice is calling my name.

OP
OP
WayneChristensen

WayneChristensen

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The few specks I found were in an area that I am sure people work alot, maybe up higher towards silver lake. Just hate going up there, lol. Probably going back up this weekend, just to cure me for the time being. Thought about joining UGPC, because they have some claims. Also in the works with a few other people in Arizona, California, Colorado, Alaska, all over really. Trying to find some good ground to lease or buy. Still working on it though. But yeah, in the mean time a little research and development at home are my cure.

Hunt_coles

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey so I'm new to metal detecting and looking for a partner that can give me some tips and advice , and I'm 14 , live in Lehi Utah -Hunter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread