OP
OP
WayneChristensen

WayneChristensen

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long long day of digging. Have not gone through the concentrates from my sluice box, however thought I would show this. Not sure if it is slag, or what. I know gold, lol but this is not gold. Anyway, if someone else has found this and knows what it is let me know. If not, meh was fun finding it.

Attachments

• image-131441539.jpg
    image-131441539.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 197
  • image-1209834943.jpg
    image-1209834943.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 195

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne, did you hike in to the Silver Lake area? Let us know if you found any flour in your concentrates.

OP
OP
WayneChristensen

WayneChristensen

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did not get that far in. I do have some flour after concentrating. I am not about to try and pan these little things,lol. As soon as my miller table is done I will let ya know. Was not much. Winner of the day was the metal chunks I found. I am thinking some sort of slag, but not quite sure. I really need bigger gold, but the flour gold is about it for now.

goldhog55

Dec 6, 2012
Long long day of digging. Have not gone through the concentrates from my sluice box, however thought I would show this. Not sure if it is slag, or what. I know gold, lol but this is not gold. Anyway, if someone else has found this and knows what it is let me know. If not, meh was fun finding it.

Looks like melted beer cans ??

Junk-girl

Jul 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heading back up tomorrow. If anyone is interested, let me know. I will send you coordinates of where we are going to try our luck. Looks pretty sweet, but ya never know. Bwahahahahahahahaha. Anyway, hope to see someone else up there.

Hi Wayne, if love to go!! My husband isn't into it much & he says I can meet up & go with others. If ya go again I'd love it. Do you ever go on Sunday or Monday? Those are my days off.

T-hunter14

Greenie
Dec 8, 2014
Northern utah
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 10x6 DD
White's beach hunter ID 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne, if you found a little flour gold and have accumulated a load of cons, I'll run them through a gold cube for you. This machine does not lose flour gold and I don't need to get a percentage or any kind of payment. I just want to know if this might be a good place to high bank with the gold cube. About the chunks. Soak them muratic acid (sometimes sold as concrete cleaner at lowes) and it will eat anything but gold, silver, copper and lead. Or you can melt them with a small propane or MAP torch. The oxidation will sluff off and show what you have. Cheapest method is to smack it with a hammer. Pyrite will shatter but gold, silver, copper will just flatten a little. Enough oxidation will break off to reveal what you have. Thinking the worst, they are probably bullet fragments but you never know. If they are melted aluminum can the lightness is a dead giveaway.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions