Anyone near the HAFB/Ogden area want to TH in the LaPlata area?

Wildwest99

Greenie
Jun 25, 2014
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to the hobby, but have some interesting sites picked out. I'll drive and get us there, you show me the ropes with a MD!

20140619_164912 (800x608).jpg 20140619_171543 (800x600).jpg

T-hunter14

Greenie
Dec 8, 2014
Northern utah
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 10x6 DD
White's beach hunter ID 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would love to go with you. La plata is exclusively a silver load and the silver is locked in galena. It's not hard to extract but somewhat dangerous. Willard canyon might be a better place for gold and platinum but we would need to go up with buckets an a classifier. Box elder county sheriffs confiscated my old bosses sluice box and all his other prospecting equipment for crossing the line on an active claim. I wouldn't mind losing a few buckets but not my gold cube.

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The issue as I understand with Laplata. It was mainly a summer camp and the area is super trashy. No real concentrated dump areas so the trash produced is just stewn about by the miners. Looks like lots of fun but I do know there has been several people up there in the past. So I would suspect most of the easy stuff is gone, but not all of it. :D

If your offer is still valid then I would like to give it a shot.

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was not a silver load mine. It was one of the only few silver placer mines. The deposit was so shallow and the area worked out rather quickly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread