Looking for a close area to prospect

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone I'm here in SPRINGVILLE utah. do you guys know of anything close by other than Tibble fork. I wanted to go down to fish creek but might not be able to go that far. Ibe herd rumors of gold being found in provo canyon but not sure. I want to try my new sluice but anyway if you guys know of some good areas close to where I'm at I'd love to hear from you

Hunt_coles

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey so I'm new to metal detecting and looking for a partner that can give me some tips and advice , and I'm 14 , live in Lehi Utah -Hunter

T-hunter14

Greenie
Dec 8, 2014
Northern utah
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 10x6 DD
White's beach hunter ID 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone I'm here in SPRINGVILLE utah. do you guys know of anything close by other than Tibble fork. I wanted to go down to fish creek but might not be able to go that far. Ibe herd rumors of gold being found in provo canyon but not sure. I want to try my new sluice but anyway if you guys know of some good areas close to where I'm at I'd love to hear from you

Get out of the stream and go out to the mines. You live just on the eastern edge of one of the biggest mining districts I've had the pleasure of exploring. Check out Tintic mining district on the web. If you're limited to a sluice box you'll be hard pressed to find year round creeks out there but you may find seasonal creeks. If you have a detector, there's high grade ore piles everywhere. The old miners didn't have the ability to see into rock like we do. If you can get a dry washer then you're on to something that's economically exciting. There's one rule that applies to Tintic. If it's easy to get to, it's already gone. Don't expect to drive right up to a mine and get out of the car and work the tailings. Find the ones off the beaten path.

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's honestly the best advice I could give you. T hunter nailed it on the nose. I'm a river prospector I play with a pan aNs sluice and have tons of fun. I'd love to get a good detector but funding at the moment is a little less than previously. but there's tons of gold out there. hit the old mines and tailing piles. you'll know them when you see them. big piles of dirt and rock just sitting out of nowhere. in a stream you can see them as long strips of rock and dirt and rock that come out of nowhere. I love going back through those. honestly I find more gold out of the tailings from people with conventional sluices than I do just hunting for it. god I love my bazookas. I've tested my tailings and found a few specs I've missed. but when I test otger peoples they miss far more. but anyway

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread