Any Interest in Winchester Area Relic Club

RockyDig

May 9, 2005
Winchester, VA
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, GPX4500, AT Pro, F75 LTD, DFX, MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A few diggers from the Winchester, VA area have been throwing around the idea of getting monthly meetings together. This way we can show off relics and talk to guys in our area. It will be informal at first just to see how many actually show up. We'd like to see how many are interested so a suitable meeting place can be found.

Rocky

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, I know My cousin and I and a friend from work would like to be in a club to try to get a few more places to hunt and be nice to talk to other people in the hobby. More info would be great. Thank you. :icon_thumright:

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I'm the cousin. Yea man I'd be interested in getting together. Finding some new grounds to hunt would be great as well as talking and discussing your recent digs. Good idea and let me know how it comes along.

cavegal

Dec 6, 2005
I am a new to metal detecting. I live in the Woodstock area right now, but am from Winchester. I would also be interested in getting together with other people in this area who share an interest in relic hunting. My husband is on board also, as well as a close friend of mine who just bought her first detector today. So if you decide to plan a get together count us in. Also if anyone could recommend any good sites to dig in the Northern, or Central Virginia, Eastern West Virginia, or Western Maryland areas any information, or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kimberly

meadows15

Greenie
Aug 23, 2011
Winchester,Va
Detector(s) used
Radio shack discovery 1000
I am also looking for a club. I live in winchester. Hard to find places to open up to you that is for sure. Hope to hear from you guys. Happy hunting

meadows15

Greenie
Aug 23, 2011
Winchester,Va
Detector(s) used
Radio shack discovery 1000
I think they kinda let it die it seems. No one really showed any interest. I had a few spots but mostly back yards.. all out of spots. Anyone still interested in a club would be great.

wsswesty

Greenie
Jun 5, 2012
Poca, WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this club ever gets going, count me in. I live in Hinton, WV.

tims1chap

Feb 6, 2013
Winchester, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Count me in if this gets off the ground. I am in Frederick County just east of Winchester.

Erick Byrne

Tenderfoot
Feb 17, 2013
Warren County, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Bounty Hunter - Lone Star
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the Fort Valley area, between Front Royal & Strasburg. I am new to detecting and love the idea of a Winchester Club. Please contact me if it goes. [email protected]

I would also be interested in teaming up with someone who wouldn't mind me tagging along and learning a few tricks of the hobby. I may have access to several large plots of old farm land that we can hunt.

tims1chap

Feb 6, 2013
Winchester, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess the first question should be; does anyone have a place we could meet to discuss starting some type of Relic club? Next, wh on here would be interested in starting one? If we had a time and place to meet for the first meeting then we could have a meeting, if no one is interested then no club. If we had a time and date, maybe we could invite someone from the club in Northern VA to help give us some pointers.

frog21

Mar 5, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am in Purcellville and I get to Winchester pretty often. I am interested on a club as well.

tims1chap

Feb 6, 2013
Winchester, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will take the first step. I will create a FaceBook page for "Winchester Relic Club" if any one is interested they can go there and post. I just created it and it is a first for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread