Any good sites to detect in Northern Virginia (Frederick, or Shenandoah Co.)

cavegal

Dec 6, 2005
I am fairly new to relic hunting and would appreciate any suggestions of good spots to dig between Winchester, and Mt. Jackson. Also if anyone could help me figure out a couple sites that may be easy to access I would be very grateful. I have a close friend who is very much wants to get into metal detecting who is handicapped and she is not able to walk very well without assistance (especially outdoors), but we found she can sit and dig once a promising spot is detected. (after all pulling that treasure out of the ground is the best part) I am determined to show her that her disability does not have to stop her from doing things that she enjoys. I know she would be really grateful for any suggestions or tips that would help her relic hunting experience. Thanks, Kimberly

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi cavegal
you don`t have to leave your town go to the liebray and do some research on the town and, surronding country side ask perrmision from the posted signs who ever owns the land .
I have been hunting in the plowed fields for years some feilds are better that others but so hold nice old finds . Ask at houses of people you know or don`t i have knocked on a lots of doors in 40 yrs. and it pays off some will some won`t.
Gary G.A.P.metal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread