Newbie in Northern VA (Springfield)

Dcndc

Dec 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have decided I need a hobby and thought this would be a great one to have. I love the outdoors and who doesnt like to find stuff. History has always been a passion of mine so I figured it was this or re-enactments. Metal detecting won out. I like relics and gold/silver so I havent bought a detector yet, I was hoping to find some info on the forums here to help me select one. Also, if there is a group of detectorists that meet in the area, I figure that would be helpful. I am open to all suggestions before I start spending so please feel free to offer your suggestions. Thanks in advance and I hope run into some of you out there. DC

Last edited:

markp

Dec 3, 2013
Peytona,WV
Detector(s) used
White dfx, and Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
garrett AT Pro is a good choice for a first detector. It wont break the bank, but you will find plenty with it. It's about six hundred dollars plus the garrett pen pointer is about a hundred if you get them together from Kellyco.com

rwbbts

Greenie
Dec 27, 2013
Northern Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DCNDC

Hey,

Newbie also, just started panning and metal detecting this month,, found some spots here in Woodbridge and in Fredericksburg.
been panning 3 times so far found a small picker, nothing with the metal detectors yet.
detecting around the old gold mines shown on the map I got from Big Tens, which is all the old gold mines registered with the state

Really like sitting in the creek in waders and cold weather boots, water proof gloves to my arm pits ( he-he )
Its relaxing,,, if interested in panning or detecting in this area, drop me a note ,,,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread