BlueLine

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2013
Wintergreen Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Technetics
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Retired from Va but for past 15 years lived and hunted in NE North Carolina. Hunted mostlly Relics, Colonial and CW. Moved to Wintergreen in the early spring and haven't been out on a hunt since arrival. Talked around a lot but can't seem tofind anyone that shares my interest. Did get a response from someone in the Stuarts Draft area last summer when I was visiting the area but have not heard from him since. I hunt with an A Garrett AT Pro and Accustomed to deep digging in Sandy Loam, which I'm sure I'll not see again unless I go back to NC. I'm allergic to venomous reptiles but don't mind an encounter if I can see them 100 ft. an encounter. I'm not yet older than dirt, but maybe closer to dust right now. Put feelers out on other MD Sites but getting worried there are no MD Zealots in this region, at least non that would care to have me tag along. If there is someone that is willing to take a chance on me I'd appreciate it. :BangHead:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
OK, you are in Wintergreen; gotta go to the EAST side of Nelson County to Colleen, Va. "area", (roughly Rt. 29) for GOLD "prospects" with Quartz/Feldspar "mines" in those hills. "Google" GOLD Veins in Nelson County, Va. In terms of OLD days relics, Sweet Briar College Archeology (Amherst County) does LOTS of "digging" for relics; I think that they have a museum. In Nelson County, there is a Historical Society, (I think) that could "hook you up"... there are MANY "missing" communities (also in Amherst County). Get away from Wintergreen... won't find ANYTHING.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlueLine

BlueLine

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2013
Wintergreen Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Technetics
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, this has been my first hopefull response. Do need to get out of Wintergreen, they don’t permit it here. I’m not a gold prospector but it would be nice to find some. History and relics are what I’d like to come upon. Going to work on your suggestion to see if I can develope an in somewhere. Thanks again for the informative feedback.

Gary1963

Jan 3, 2013
Lynchburg, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030 XP Deus Garrett Pin Pointer
Phiranna
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We're starting a MD Club for the surrounding counties just held our first meeting, there were 25 in attendance check out Blue Ridge Relic and Detecting on Facebook.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread