Any ideas on how to start a small club

twister

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2005
Springfield, MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pepperpump said:
How does one go about maybe starting a small club??? What are the rules in doing so if any one knows or has done so. I might like to start a small group but have no idea how. Nothing big. Thanks again for thereplies.
Pepperpump :D

I really want to do this also in my area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HH Twister

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check out my post to PMmike "Anyone Here Start a Club". I listed a few ideas we used to form a club.
Good luck!

A

alex

I am in the same situation. I would like to start a club here as well but I cannot find information for the lega; stuff,if any. Do you need a license, do you register your club name, do you need a not for profit license or can you just place ads, print business cards and call it a club legally?

I have checked out the fdma site and the other listed on this post and they still do not get you in thhe paperwork aspect of starting a club. If anyone in here can please help me out I would much apprecaite it.

Perhaps others in here that have clubs can fill me in.
happy Hunting
Alex

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get some friends who MD, Give yourselfs a name. Bam a club...

Keep @ it and HH!!

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
1st, You might want to see if there is already a M/D Club in your area, and go to one of their meetings. I'm sure they would like to meet you. Go to a local M/D dealer and ask him if he knows of any Clubs in your area. That might be a lot easyer then trying to start your own. And if there isn't a club already in your area, the M/D dealer may let you post something on his wall to start one. Good Luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread