Know of any areas near Moneta VA? Smith Mountain lake area? Roanoke?

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
many ghost town sites in your area and lots of leads like this one

During the last days of the civil war, a confederate general and some slaves concealed more than $4 million in gold coins and bullion on the McIntosh farm, about 1 miles S of Forest and a few miles W of Lynchburg. One version states that the gold was thrown into a deep well that was then filled in, and in another the gold was buried near a barn and the slaves killed to keep the location a secret. This huge store has never been recovered.

Good luck with a club...the best thing would be to check in the Virginia forum I would guess. Lots of great folks on here that might point you in the direction of a good club to become a part of! :)

OP
OP
S

sml175

Jan 27, 2008
There are about 4 gold stories floating around here. I have not heard that one though. Thanks.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
np at all....find a club there in the Virginia forum....I can imagine you will find more gold stories! :D

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yo! ;D HA! Just moved to Lynchburg, Va. from "old" Moneta, Va. You are in a "good" place for THing... BEALE TREASURE of Bedford County... CSA TREASURY of Bedford County... CORNWALLIS'S GOLD in Bedford County... "X" on boulder (stone) next to Stoney Creek on 122 NORTH of Moneta, Va.; McINTOSH FARM & MARSHALL PLANTATION (WEST of Lynchburg. Va. & SOUTH of Forest, Va.) are "locations" of REBEL (CSA) GOLD; come over to Rockhound's NEW Treasure Forums (treasurehunter.proboards24.com) to learn MORE... ;) ;D

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yo! ;D THAT said, I would go to the MONETA, Va. library & read ALL three volumes of BEDFORD VILLAGES: LOST & FOUND by DAR or go to the Bedford (City/County) Museum in Bedford City (OLD Masonic Lodge, NEXT to COURTHOUSE...), for info. You can ALSO go on Rt. 24 WEST to Roanoke, Va. (to Vinton, Va.), across the bridge into Roanoke - Elm Street, where the Roanoke, Va. Library is; the VIRGINIA ROOM (Reference Section) is a WONDERFUL place to research. The ONLY "club" I am aware of is out of ROANOKE... NEVER been with 'em, & I think it is 'listed" in the CLUB section of this web-site.
Again... HH & GOOD LUCK!! ;) ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread