COLUMBIA RIVER SEARCHERS (Longview)

pinkysbliss

Aug 3, 2007
Tacoma,WA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I realize this is an old post, but I live in Kelso/Longview, WA and I can not find any information or rules on MD'ing here other than not at the lake and one other spot. And the address to what you have posted is in OR, but says (Longview)..might they have information on our area?? Am tired of trying to find info on the net...One site says no to MD'ing in 8 location on the Columbia River, but does not show those locations and no links for them. And well I like to go to one spot there and MD, this spot is a publice beach and boat ramp...now I am not sure if I should. I will not go back to the Cowlitz river area a few blocks from my house, is trashed and scary...people sneaking out of the bush's is not a good thing.
First stop Monday is the parks and recreations department...wish me luck and if anyone in this area sees my post and has info please let me know.

Thank you much!
"TR"

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, Someone may have Screwed up
and put it in the Wrong Section :P ;D

Or maybe they have members in both states.

I just did a net search to double check.
& I see other sites have them
listed as Washington and Oregon.

Good luck with Parks & Recreation.

Jeff

pinkysbliss

Aug 3, 2007
Tacoma,WA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After being up most the night looking I did find the same club for Longview and many many others..hehe...I did find the list of places you can not go and how to hunt on State land/Rules. The beach I go to is county owned, never could find any rules on how that works and who to ask about hunting there. So I hope the parks department has better information in person than their web site. Thank you for getting back to me on this..

"TR"

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
pinkysbliss said:
After being up most the night looking I did find the same club for Longview and many many others..hehe...I did find the list of places you can not go and how to hunt on State land/Rules. The beach I go to is county owned, never could find any rules on how that works and who to ask about hunting there. So I hope the parks department has better information in person than their web site. Thank you for getting back to me on this..

"TR"

Wouldn't by chance be near an old nuclear facility would it??? ???
~Nash~

pinkysbliss

Aug 3, 2007
Tacoma,WA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny thing is I never did see them on the do not dig list. Just the lake in Longview...But that is OR not WA so will look to see what they say on that. Will get back to you soon.

"TR"

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Do not forget to carry a copy of the 'Gold & Fish Handbook' when detecting around Columbia River.

pinkysbliss

Aug 3, 2007
Tacoma,WA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
???...whats that?? hehe....I don't eat the fish from the waters here..scard I might catch some thing....(no pun intended).. ;D

"TR"

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What lake in Longview, WA? Do you mean Sacajawea? I and several of my friends have hunted there often. Also, about a month ago I also hunted at the Cowlitz County Fairgrounds. It was a Sunday, the gates were wide open and there was no one around. Managed some clad and a 1952S Roosie.

pinkysbliss

Aug 3, 2007
Tacoma,WA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wooohooo. I am back! However I have moved from kelso to Tacoma then to AZ(hated it there) now back to Tacoma.
If I remember right, you can not hunt at the Fair grounds or in the grass parking lot across from it. I called and asked, not sure why I didn't post that back then. Of course that may have changed over the last few years I have been moving about.hehe

TR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread