Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Sep 2006
    Washington state
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

Detectors or clubs in Seattle?

Are there any metal detector clubs in Seattle? If not, is anyone interested in forming one? Maybe we could get a room in the downtown library to meet in. Or a church or the YMCA or something.

My idea is that if some of us organized into a club we could generate some positive publicity for the hobby, showing how we carefully fill our holes. Earth First, sort of thing. Then maybe we could get the parks department to change their rules to allow us to detect in city parks. Also if, as a club, we could get permission to detect on private properties that would give individuals a place to go and have fun. And maybe we could organize field trips to more rural locations, chipping in for gas and expenses.

I don't drive due to vision problems, so I can't easily get to the club that meets in Redmond. There are probably others who have similar transportation issues, possibly due to simply not owning a vehicle. We should think about getting together and seeing what we can do. Thoughts?

us
    Dec 2007
    The Pacific Northwest
    Tesoro Corte's, Golden Sabre II, Minelab X-Terra50
    1 times

Re: Detectors or clubs in Seattle?

Good news! There is a club in Seattle. The Cascade Treasure Club of Seattle (CTC), go to our website to find out everything you need to know. www.cascadetreasureclub.com
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, either way you are right.

Sponsors