Longacres Race Track?

jbeekley

Tenderfoot
Nov 21, 2006
Hello All hope you all are doing great!! I have a question for people whom reside in the state of Washington. I live just South of Seattle, and there used to be a horse race track called "Longacres" that was in Renton. Boeing at bought out the track and had put some buildings up, but the front area of the track and parts of the main parking lot remain. As I used to work horses out and knew all the jockeys, I remember many (including myself) jockeys had lost rings, necklaces, and so on on the track as as soon as you dropped something it was about impossible to find as the horses would kick them all about. For those of you whom have been there at Longacres, do you remember that house that was right behind the main tote-board? That would be a great ares to check out!!

I did make a visit there yesterday and it would be OK to check the main track (home stretch part), but if you would want to test the infield, you would need to work around bushes and even some trees!! Also, wear boots as it was very wet there!! If anyone does go, the main track is easy to find. The "Green" cement rail is still intact, and just over that was the track. Please let me know if anyone on this forum plans to do as I would like to meet up with someone to try this out.

Best Hunting, John Beekley

slotman

Oct 30, 2005
edgewood, washington
Detector(s) used
garrett gti 2500,Tesoro, Bounty hunter
Doesnt Boeing own this property now? if they do it might not be a good idea to be detecting as they have security....

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am checking this place out, looks like it could be premo... not sure if boeing owns the area area the grandstands.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread