Prospectors Plus Club Members

Jjhall68

Jun 23, 2014
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector heavy weight, Gold Cube, Blue bowl, Garrett, 2" Keene dredge.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I joined about a year ago. Good bunch of guys, Hoot was the one who help me out at their shop in Gold Bar. I have been on two of the claims yThe Snow-Queen and one in Liberty, Wa.
Anything I have learned is yours for the asking.

All the best,
John

OP
OP
AimSmMissSm

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
I am happy to see we are not alone. Where abouts are you from I am down in Thurston county if you ever wanna prospect Waddell Creek I would be happy to show you around. PM Sent AimSmMissSm

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Speaking of Waddell.... I'm going to try to hit the creek this week if I can find the time. It's been a few weeks without a gold fix and I'm going thru major withdrawal :BangHead:
Thinking of driving up to the Cispus river and really wetting my whistle soon......this time of year my sluice, trout pole and mini gas bb-q travel with me...not to mention a cooler chest :occasion14:

Jjhall68

Jun 23, 2014
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector heavy weight, Gold Cube, Blue bowl, Garrett, 2" Keene dredge.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kai,

When I get the chance I would love to take you up on a trip to Wadell Creek. I live up in Skagit county near Sedro Wooley.
I finally made it to the North fork of the Skykomish river yesterday. We found some flood gold and have some plans for next time.

All the Best,
John

image.jpg

Jjhall68

Jun 23, 2014
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mike,

That sounds like a good survival kit to me.

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All gold is good and hard earned. Your vial looks like about 1/2 of what I get off Long Beach in a day's run.....Waddell will pay about the same as L.B. but it's bigger and makes you want more. Let me know if you want to hit the beach or waddell cr. If AimSmMissSm isn't available then maybe I am. PM and we'll set up something.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kai,
I live up in Skagit county near Sedro Wooley.
All the Best, John

Howdy Neighbor...

John, I'm right up the road in Concrete, so drop me a PM and
we can get together here locally some time. I've worked the
Skagit, Sauk, Nooksack and most all the creeks in between.

OP
OP
AimSmMissSm

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
Update: spent 2 days in the Swauk Mining District. My dad and I test panned every P Plus claim on water with mixed results we found gold every where. But we also found a lot of evidence of claim jumping in the more remote locations of Lions Gultch and Pipe Creek. I could not locate corner stakes or even paper work on Pipe Creek we were in the right location according to my trusty Garmin.

We met a couple members great guys they even shared where they had found color.

What do we do if we come in contact with claim jumpers? My dad and I are unsure on that.

I plan on being back up on claim with my dredge the 18th - 20th of July PM me for more info if others want to join I encourage Non-Members to come take a look see at the area bring your equipment and I will point out the unclaimed portion of Swauk Creek open to the public.

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll be on vacation that week so I plan on coming up to check it out.
Did you make it to Waddell Wed?

Jjhall68

Jun 23, 2014
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the invite Mike,

I will definitely take you up on it. The only beach stuff I ever worked was at Cape Disapointment and I will try that again, we had a lot of fun.
I tell people that it's all good gold! We did four trips to Oleny Creek and got three grams of fine gold. I have friends that would not return to those yields. My way of thinking is that's like two Mexican gold two Peso's and time spent in some bueatiful country, I'll take that any day.

All the Best,
John

Last edited:

Jjhall68

Jun 23, 2014
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
DizzyDigger,

I look forward to it, PM sent

John

Jjhall68

Jun 23, 2014
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wanted to update on the 2nd trip to the North fork of the Skykomish, we went Saturday and I did my final clean up today.
My wife and three of our kids pitched in and we tried two spots, within 20' feet. One would be newer flood gold and the other an older channel. Both took advantage of a big rock to act as a riffle when the water was flowing but the first spot flooded so we moved to the older channel. Both places showed good color in the test pans but the chunky gold came from the older channel. This is on the Prospectors Plus claim on the Index-Galena road any member of that club wanting directions I'd be glad to help. The final weight was .92grams.
Hope you All had as good a weekend as we did!
John

image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
AimSmMissSm

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
Update: Williams Creek camp is full. We will be dredging Lions gultch instead come up and check it out.

LRC253

Aug 5, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are you getting these results from a sluice or dredge on the p-plus claims? I've been thinking about joining but not if it's all dredgers. Also, went up to the Cispus River to camp with my little one at iron creek campground and didn't find anything.. Wasn't sure if it was a gold producing river, how was your luck Mike?

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Going to try for this fri. I finally finished my home repair projects and can now take a day to go play. What a way to spend my vacation. I think I'll start at the mouth of the Cispus and check out all the feeder creeks along the way up river. I've got 3 days left then I go back to work to get some rest :coffee2:

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No trip for me this week again, my inlaws house has a broken water line.
It looks like I'll be muddy but not the fun kind..... :BangHead: Maybe I'll escape on one of my days off before summers over. Now I'm thinking of maybe going to Mineral and Washington creeks instead. Anyone have any experience or advice in that area?

Jjhall68

Jun 23, 2014
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Luke,

I know I answered your PM about this but for the thread this was recovered in a gold cube,

John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread