D

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone do any prospecting in northeast washington ?
thanks

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Davin, Chris and I were up there a couple of years ago. Looked like lots of good country, and some mines in the area. If I remember right, there was some sort of greenstone belt that ran through there. We went up to look at an old gold prospect called, I think, the Poland-China mine. It's near Chelsaw, more toward the central part of northern WA. When we got there, there were geologists already drilling it for new deposits. I did notice, on Google Earth, what looked like possible kimberlite pipes, too. When I mentioned that to the old guy that had asked me to look at it, he said there were stories of diamonds being found there. The geologists told me there were platinum deposits farther east along the WA/Can border, too.
If you prospect northeastern WA, be sure and keep an eye on your pan for gems.
Jim

OP
OP
D

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi jim, real sorry about the late reply.thanks for the information i appreciate.have you gotten any snow there yet ? up here we got a little but not much yet.
its been very cold here, right now its 16 and dropping but ere are staying warm lol.
you take care of yourself jim and stay safe. next month we are travelling to visit our other son and daughter and grand kids so we will get alittle break from
the cold. lol
wishing you the best.
davin

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Same to ya, buddy. Yeah, we got a little snow, too. Temps have been around 10* for low, and low 20's for highs for a few days. But, it's sunny, and that warms the shop due to my passive solar heat system. I've been working on my dry sluice setup, so staying busy. Stay safe out there while traveling.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread