Anything good in Washington?

Tsena_bub

Jul 18, 2008
Hey, I am a new treasure hunter and have gotten an ACE 250 to start out with. I have a camping trip coming up near the beach to Twin Harbors. I have checked with the state and it is ok to use a metal detector on that beach, as long as it does not go into the old military land, which is marked.

Does anyone have any tips for me, being new to the metal detecting world? Or does anyone know of other places/stories within Washington that are good places to search for treasure, relics, coins, gold, silver?

Thanks for the help!!

bass99

May 9, 2005
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab etrac with sunray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was just out that way, my brother was up from Bend Oregon and wanted to do some fishing.
I live in Aberdeen but am in California for awhile so unable to hunt with you. Not much on the beaches but you never know, alot of history there. Theres an old GAR campground in Westport that is know a county or city park, alot of old homesteads around just knock on some doors and ask permission your bound to get at least one yes. The state park has a pamphlet on what state parks you can metal detect in 'cause they dont allow it in all of them. I hope this little bit helps, if I can think of any more places i'll write back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread