barboursville

jddave79

Aug 22, 2007
Northern,WV
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Euro Sabre, Garrett ACE250
I,m in Tucker county(North central) be glad to get together for a hunt with some local folks.

WV1970

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2010
wvrelichunter said:
i live east of charleston and been trying finding new people to hunt with.
Hello, I'm from Cross Lanes and was wondering if anyone has tried Scary Creek? that was a Civil war battle site!

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
F75 se / Minelab Soveriogn / sunray probe/ whites classic Id/ pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Live In Huntington, I get around bville,milton,ona gdotte and altizer almost daily!

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm right across the river from Huntington, have you ever metal detected the old Milton high school

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
F75 se / Minelab Soveriogn / sunray probe/ whites classic Id/ pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have not done the property of the old high school but do a feild across the river from there, My daughter lives behind blenko and the house she lives in has been in her mothers side of the family since very early times. I was told by my ex wifes grandmother that past away many years ago, that a union camp was in the field behind the house. The old road used to go right in front of the old house but now the road is very dead. I have been all around that river in those parts and have a few secret spots but am not to proud to share. Some good relics for sure

Shady Digger

Jun 21, 2007
Cool Ridge, WV
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just south of Beckley here. My dad and I would be interested in doing some group hunts.

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The battle of Scary Creek is being developed pretty fast but I do think part of the battle site still remains intact for the most part, would also like to know if anyone had detected there before? Would be a great place to detect. I'm in Ohio across the river from Huntington.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread