NEW TO HURRICANE

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Well...howdy neighbor....;)

Not in your area, but found a newspaper article pertaining to Hurricane with a bit of history to it...that might help you some in your MD Adventures. If I was close, I'd be happy to detect with you, especially with this article's history tidbit!!!

Good luck on your adventures and I hope you find a buddy up there to detect with!!!

Sorry if this post is long...but I wanted to capture everything from the article!
HH,
Annmarie

Attachments

• hurricane wv 2a.jpg
    hurricane wv 2a.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 372
  • hurricane wv 10a.jpg
    hurricane wv 10a.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 372
  • hurricane wv 9a.jpg
    hurricane wv 9a.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 363
  • hurricane wv 8a.jpg
    hurricane wv 8a.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 364
  • hurricane wv 7a.jpg
    hurricane wv 7a.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 367
  • hurricane wv 6a.jpg
    hurricane wv 6a.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 367
  • hurricane wv 5a.jpg
    hurricane wv 5a.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 376
  • hurricane wv 4a.jpg
    hurricane wv 4a.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 367
  • hurricane wv 3a.jpg
    hurricane wv 3a.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 363
  • hurricane wv 1a.jpg
    hurricane wv 1a.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 371

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Sorry...gonna' add 2 more artilces. The first one is when they were paving the MIDLAND TRAIL...I just saved the portion where they talked at bit about the history of it....

The second article (in two parts) refers to TOURIST CAMP AREAS ... about the safe water. Thought if you could locate an old map, you might be able to find some of these spots!

Good luck...
Annmarie

Attachments

• hurricane wv 12a.jpg
    hurricane wv 12a.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 370
  • hurricane wv 11a.jpg
    hurricane wv 11a.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 379
  • hurricane wv 13a.jpg
    hurricane wv 13a.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 347

Beach Bum

Mar 5, 2009
Hello goldshark,

I live in Winfield and have been MDing for about a year. Haven't found much but I haven't really tried that hard either. There is a lot of history in WV, both native American and Civil War. I can't MD this weekend, but would love to have someone to MD with. I have been reading this forum for the last year but have never posted or joined until tonight after seeing your post.

Spring is right around the corner, thank goodness. I have my eye on the site of a former 150 year old farm house that was torn down a couple of years ago. I am trying to locate the property owner to get permission to hunt. Will let you know what I find out. The property is about 10-15 acres.

digging wv

Sep 16, 2007
Cabin Creek
Detector(s) used
Prizm V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi goldshark. I'm relatively new to MD. I live in Southern Kanawha Co. Maybe wecan hookup sometime

wvrick

Sep 27, 2010
Salt Rock,WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab CTX 3030, E-Trac, Whites V3i, DFX, Fisher CoinStrike, Garrett AT-Pro, Explorer XS, Garrett GTI-2500 Pro, Fisher F2, and Whites Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3 (Hip mount), Fisher CZ7a-Pro
If you like hunting Civil War relic there lots of places to hunt. RT 60 at one time was the railway and near RT 34 and RT60 there was a battle. Plus in Milton that area seen lots of action, the old covered bridge site, and a Church near there.

Rick

NashCarter

Jan 14, 2021
Randolph County, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in NC but my fiances family is from the Hurricane WV area. We plan on traveling up there sooner than later to do some hunting. Would love to link up with someone who knows some good spots in the area!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread