wasilvers

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2013
Milwaukee, Wi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro SS uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got a metal detector yesterday. Anyone hunting around Waukesha WI? I could use some guidance on WI strange-to-me rules.

I know the DNR stuff, where no hunting in the water - but what about the dry river beds? And are beaches ok to search, like on lake Michigan?
I know the no hunting rules on state owned land. Are schools (playgrounds) state owned land?
I heard there might be a permit required for Waukesha county parks, but can't find anything online and don't want to open a can of worms by asking. Should I just do it and ask forgiveness later?

I suppose the best thing might be to learn to dig clean holes and seek private land to search.

Thanks for any help!

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a neighbor of yours and hunt on the weekend.
Parks and schools are public property and usualy O/K to hunt. I stay away from other peoples space.
I have hunted the lake michigan beaches without any issues. Pretty cleaned out; Fill your holes.
I have never figured out why at the state level they want to ban metal detecting.
Like the state parks for instance. Back in the 60's some one must have left an open hole some where.
The amount of trash I clean up every year they should welcome us on the peoples property.
P/M me and we can E-Mail a possible hunt site for this week end.
:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread