Saw some silver going back into circulation today

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was dumping a skunk box at my bank and the bag filled up quick($100 bags of halfs). When the teller took it off the machine and set it on the floor, I heard silver. Last time I asked at this bank about buying bags they refused, so I didn't ask and just said "Well, there goes some silver coins"
She said "you can tell by that?" I told her yes and pointed out several coins thru the bag. Then she tells me that if she hadn't already sealed the bag she would have let me swap out the coins I wanted!

another missed opportunity....

Upvote 0

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
I'm always amazed when I hear about people buying bags from their banks. I've asked a couple of times at all of the banks I go to and every one of them says they wish they could do it but have to surrender them to brinks.

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
It's a bad deal BUT. If you buy boxes, you need some of those bags to go through to get the silver into the hopper. For those who search boxes buying bags is a double edged sword.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packfan_1982 said:
I'm always amazed when I hear about people buying bags from their banks. I've asked a couple of times at all of the banks I go to and every one of them says they wish they could do it but have to surrender them to brinks.
One of my banks (credit union) will sell me as many bags as I want and they are very friendly about it too. I just email her a few days before I am in the area (saturday pickup) and I get an inventory of what is available. That part of town seems to always have a lot of coin depositors.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
went to a bank the other day and asked about halves...the clerk starts to go to the coin machine and the manager says "we cant sell those"...damn a few more seconds and i woulda had the bag before the manager came out :cussing:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread