Wells Fargo charges for boxes?

BeerBelly

May 6, 2008
Nevada
Hey everyone, I'm new to CRH. I recently began buying a roll or 2 from my bank (WaMu Chase) whenever I do my banking there. I've been skunked every time, so I asked about buying boxes. They said they didn't do that. I decided to check at Wells Fargo, since they are within walking distance of my house. They told me they charge a % of whatever coins I order.
I'm not about to pay money to sort coins, and I don't think it would make sense to waste gas driving to other banks to pick up a box, (considering what the odds are of finding something worth keeping are) so I guess I'll have to stick with the occasional roll or 2 from WaMu. Anyone else here in the same situation?

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try the banks around where you work, or inbetween your house and work. Thats what I do and I don't have to drive out of my way to get them.

OP
OP
B

BeerBelly

May 6, 2008
Nevada
Thanks Treasurefiend, I certainly would if I could but I'm unemployed. I'm still looking, but getting more discouraged every day. I have a few things I'm working on re: the unemployment thing, mainly military or school, but I'm still trying to work out the details. Don't want to hijack my own post on the second post here though! ;D
I was just curious I guess, if you guys pay for boxes, or if you go out of your way to drive to banks. From what I've read here, the pickings seem way too slim to justify paying for boxes or driving around.

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
99% of people here would NEVER pay a fee.

Some of us do go out of our way though... but would stop once the silver doesn't pay for it after a few trips. Some of us go on roadtrips for the sole purpose of hitting banks... but those would stop too if the silver doesn't justify the gas after a while.

All matters on what is being found.

~Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread