New Coin Roll Hunter - First attempt

greedygecko

Oct 14, 2008
Tampa, FL
Hello all!!

I am brand new to the hobby and have enjoyed reading about everyone's results both in the coin roll forum and throughout treasurenet.

I am interested in starting with half dollars and am looking for any tips. Not looking to build sets; rather I am keen on grabbing silver and anything else that might be rare. Any tips or advice on what to look for?

I went through $238 of halfs today and found 4 40% Kennedy's. Don't have a sense as to whether that is good or bad.

Anyway, look forward to your advice and participating in the forum.

Upvote 0

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BBcardsRI said:
Unfortunately, there are those people in our own country today that would spit upon our current troops or even worse.

I recall reading multiple articles about the people who would attend the funerals of marines screaming horrible obscentities and slogans while carryin equally pathetic signs. Local bikers and biker gangs got wind of it and would also show up to the funerals and would rev up their bikes to drown out the a-holes who were attacking the family members of the deceased. Its a messed up world we live in when those perceived as dirty criminals (biker gangs) are the ones who have their priorities straight...

~Dave

the "protestors" are Fred Phelps and his "church" and their members. They call themselves the Westboro Baptisit Church from Topeka, KS. A more useless bunch has never been born.
The bikers are usually represented by the Patriot Gaurd Riders and many volunteers. I applaud their efforts!

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rodzm said:
Codes said:
Any silver is good, but the more the better! Just keep at it and don't get discouraged. Also, be nice to the tellers. They're our best asset.

Slip them a silver half for helping out???

Nah, I just thank them for doing their job. Since I don't tell them I CRH, there's no need to thank them in any other way. To them, I'm just another bank member that needs change every once in a while.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread