new way to CRH/question update

snappy

Jan 23, 2007
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Not true CRh'ing but still fun got a $1000 bag of 90% quarters from monex
(8494 delivered) Bag was 6 coins short, 4 clad (non silver) and 3 Canadian (2 80% and 1 50%) Called monex to see if they would replace the 13 coins. Have to call them back monday. I hope they make good on their deal and replace the coins.

138 standing liberty (15 with date rest were dateless)
Anyone know if nickdate works on silver? There is a lot of S mint with no dates would be nice to know the date on them.

5 barber
1894 S
1903 O

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: new way to CRH/question

cool :icon_pirat:

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island

Good luck with the replacements! Curious to see how willing they are to work with you on that!

Very cool purchase!

Pretty sure nic-a-date will not work...

Can we get pics? Would love to see one of the whole pile of that stuff! SOOO much silver!

Also the barbers would be sweet to see... and also the SL's if you wouldn't mind. ;)

I loooove seeing pics of the oldies!

~Dave

OP
OP
snappy

snappy

Jan 23, 2007
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Monex does not handle any commodity at its Newport Beach home
offices. All commodities are received at Brinks, Los Angeles.

Please mail your commodity via US Postal Service registered,
insured and return receipt requested to:
Brinks
FBO: MONEX
1120 West Venice Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90015

It is imperative that you mark both the outside and the inside of
the package with the following information:
1. "FOR THE ACCOUNT OF MONEX"
2. Your Name
3. Your Account Number
4. My Account Representative Code

EXAMPLE:
FOR THE ACCOUNT OF MONEX
John Smith 1-2345678-0, 000/ABC

If the package is marked incorrectly, damaged, opened, or appears
to have been tampered with, delivery will be refused. Silver coin
cans should be sealed with plastic padlock seals. All other packages
should be sealed with paper (not plastic) tape. Packages should not
exceed 70 pounds in total weight. Any commodity sent to Monex at
Newport Beach will be refused. Shipments on a collect basis are not
permitted.

Well I sent back the non 90% with note registered mail .. I sent the 4 non silver and the 3 canadian. I got back 7 90% but not the 6 that the bag was short.
I guess with the expensive way the require you to ship it did not pay for just the 7 it would have paid if they shipped all 13.

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007

I have a question? did the coin bag come from brinks to start with??? I have been told that they are now searching rolled coins. This could be true if they are selling the 90% bags thru monex. they have to be getting them from somewhere...
Thanks,
Jason

OP
OP
snappy

snappy

Jan 23, 2007
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Shake-N-Bake said:
I have a question? did the coin bag come from brinks to start with??? I have been told that they are now searching rolled coins. This could be true if they are selling the 90% bags thru monex. they have to be getting them from somewhere...
Thanks,
Jason

The address on it was
monex
newport beach ca

The post mark was Los Angeles, CA

It came packaged in 3 boxes/doller tube, tube in small box in medium box in large priority box the medium box had brinks stamped on it..

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I have bought 90% silver bags like you did, but from BullionDirect.com.

I have never been short one single coin, and never had a clad or canadian.

The buy prices are probably comparable, but you might want to look at BD instead, since you got ripped for 6 coins.

:-)

john

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Shake-N-Bake said:
Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason.
That is a topic that comes up from time to time. The carriers like Brinks are in the coin handling business, not the searching business. They just wouldn't make enough money off of it.

Happy Hunting!

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
If they replaced the clad and foreign couldn't you have just sent them an extra few clad or foreign to make up for the shortage?

Its not "cheating" since you DID get shorted.

Wonder how many people lie about how many clad they get... could easily score a few extra bucks worth of silver without suspicion...

~Dave

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shake-N-Bake said:
Thanks,
Jason
no brinks does NOT sort coins, 85% of my coins I get from Brinks, if they are searching coins they sure missed a lot...lol

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
There is no way they would have the time or manpower to search them. I saw a documentary on coin-op machines, and they had a segment that showed how they process coinage at a Brinks facility. The coins are pretty much untouched by human hands.
There are just too many of them.

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
MalteseFalcon said:
There is no way they would have the time or manpower to search them. I saw a documentary on coin-op machines, and they had a segment that showed how they process coinage at a Brinks facility. The coins are pretty much untouched by human hands.

Do you honestly think they would sort them by hand? If they are or if they did search it would be all by machine very easy to have it set to kick out silver, just like a coinstar machine rejects silver. It just seems kinda funny when you order from monex it comes from a brinks coin sorting facility, and when you have a return or complaint it is also handled by a brinks facility. It is also kinda funny that everytime I go get my boxes from credit union the manager comments that the driver is laughing that I keep ordering blank boxes. he said the Albany NY facility has the capabilities to sort coins. And as of today I have a total of 11 boxes, and all have been skunks. I dont know one way or another, but seems kinda funny that monex's coins come from brinks...
Jason

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Shake-N-Bake said:
MalteseFalcon said:

Do you honestly think they would sort them by hand? If they are or if they did search it would be all by machine very easy to have it set to kick out silver, just like a coinstar machine rejects silver. It just seems kinda funny when you order from monex it comes from a brinks coin sorting facility, and when you have a return or complaint it is also handled by a brinks facility. It is also kinda funny that everytime I go get my boxes from credit union the manager comments that the driver is laughing that I keep ordering blank boxes. he said the Albany NY facility has the capabilities to sort coins. And as of today I have a total of 11 boxes, and all have been skunks. I dont know one way or another, but seems kinda funny that monex's coins come from brinks...
Jason
Monex probably didn't buy the silver coins from Brinks, but had them rolled and boxed there since they have the means.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
af1733 said:
Shake-N-Bake said:
MalteseFalcon said:

Jason
Monex probably didn't buy the silver coins from Brinks, but had them rolled and boxed there since they have the means.

I'm sure that Brinks was only acting as a armored courrier in this instance....

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread