airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, let me know what you all think -

If hunt for silver, I can expect that I wont find much because it gets separated and held aside by either the mint or a money company. Of course silver is worth more real coney that the denomination of the coin, so it makes it worth it in a big way.

If I hunt for wheaties, I might find quite a few more because copper is copper however, they're mostly worth 1 cent and nothing more unless you're a collector.

I certainly enjoy the hunt and revel in the finds, but I guess I'd rather find something of real value, or at least more value that a single cent! I don't however, enjoy breaking my fingers looking through all those dimes, or breaking the bank buying scads of halves!

Upvote 0

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
i may be wrong about this because i've only been a CRH'er for a little less than a year but it's my understanding that the federal reserve doesn't pull silver coins from circulation. if they did the totals that LJ keeps on a monthly basis wouldn't be so high. think about that for a second. just the people on THIS forum have reported finding 5473.86036 troy ounces, or 466.155troy pounds recovered from circulation and this the people who post on this forum probably represent only a SMALL fraction of the silver-pullers out there. imagine what the totals would be if ALL the CRH'ers out there posted here and reported their finds. hmmmm....

i've read on this forum that some of the armored car services (brinks, loomis, etc.) are starting to remove silver from circulation but i'm not so sure. this summer i hit some awesome boxes loaded with everything from 40's to walking liberties and everything in between.

just a thought.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what's the conundrum? Do what you have fun doing.

If you enjoy it, does it really matter how much or how much or how little financial gain you are making? And if you are doing it purely for the financial gain, there are other things that you could be doing that are much more profitable over the long term, but that's for you to decide.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
GMan00001 said:
So what's the conundrum? Do what you have fun doing.

If you enjoy it, does it really matter how much or how much or how little financial gain you are making? And if you are doing it purely for the financial gain, there are other things that you could be doing that are much more profitable over the long term, but that's for you to decide.

Well said. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread