GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would be getting a deal assuming you don't get killed paying the fees to exchange your money.

There were a few folks on here who lived in Canada, but they don't seem to post often.

They can proly give you a better answer than I.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
half dollar canadian coins come in silver as do dimes and quarters before 1968...although some of the dimes and quarters of 1967 and 1968 are mixed ....some silver and others crap

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
half dollar canadian coins come in silver as do dimes and quarters before 1968...although some of the dimes and quarters of 1967 and 1968 are mixed ....some silver and others crap

1967 were silver. 1968 were mixed.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I was going to do the same thing as well, the next time I was up in Niagara. I figured I'd try nickels to try to add to my Can. nickel set. Right now I'm saving all the can. coins I get in order to bring them all up there to Canada, trade them in at a bank, then take the Can. currency to another bank and buy rolls. I won't get hit with a fee that way.

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
I assume they must.

They have silver coins, in companies make folders to collect canadian coins. Plus, they were pulling the commemorative coin gag before we were! So they must like their coinage! =)

I know they do things differently up there in America's hat (Canada) but they can't be THAT different... =)

~Dave

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Well I didn't really get the answers I wanted so I guess I will have to try it myself. :icon_king:
I am going to drive there Tuesday and get $1000 in change an I will post the results as I find them.

I know one down fall for Canadian coins, you cant edge search for silver...DARN

Happy Hunting,
Jason

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shake-N-Bake said:
Well I didn't really get the answers I wanted so I guess I will have to try it myself. :icon_king:
I am going to drive there Tuesday and get $1000 in change an I will post the results as I find them.

I know one down fall for Canadian coins, you cant edge search for silver...DARN

Happy Hunting,
Jason

no, but if you have a strong magnet...

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Yes the Canadians do CRH , I have a couple of friends that pick up rolls etc. These guys dont order boxes but they pick coins for a hobby . One of them I have know for years and we were talking awhile ago and he said that he has approx 8k worth at face value of various coins that he has collected through the years .. best of luck Jason , Ed

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
i used to pay for some pretty decent canadian summer vaca time.by crh there. not silver but the spread.at that time the canada dollar was only worth about 72 cents usa. getting rolls of quarters and dimes yielded many usa coins.which i brought back and spent here.im not sure if this would be good anymore as i think both the usa and can dollar are pretty close in valu right now. would love to metal detect there. them 1 and 2 dollar coins add up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread