Just started

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
great scoop!!! a silver eagle to boot! that's an awesome haul regardless of whether it's your first or thousandth!

CONGRATS!

one question. how'd you end up with that eagle?

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
The teller at the bank told me she only had six half dollars and asked if I was interested in dollars. I told her only the big ones,and she said that she had one,which was the eagle.

phillips24

Aug 28, 2008
Illinois
It still dumbfounds me that people can't see the whole 1 oz fine silver on the Eagles. Oh well you got the spoils from their folly. Still sucks for them as they could have easily got 12-15 bucks out of it at their local pawn shop. I can't wait till I get my first silver score. I've been sorting pennies lately but went through a few hundred dollars in hand rolls of halves and SKUNK.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
GOT THESE 4 THE SAME WAY

MOJO

Attachments

• teller.gif
    teller.gif
    43.7 KB · Views: 197
  • teller.gif
    teller.gif
    43.7 KB · Views: 198

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job!!!

At my bank the teller asked me what these coins are. They were silver eagles that she bought from her drawer. I had no idea the people used them as $1 coins... But they are out there for the taking!!!!

ScoobaSteve

Nov 28, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTX500
WOW!!! I'm going to start Monday. I got interested when my 3yr old son pulled out a '64 quarter and '40 Nickel from the return slot of a Coinstar last weekend, included was a bout $10.00 in clad. Monday Im going to hit a bank or 2. My bank stated that they don't have halves, the teller had to think about it too. She's has also been there for sometime and might be up to par on rolls.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread