First Hit but not last

ScoobaSteve

Nov 28, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTX500
I have recently been locked onto Rolling from a family member and found it exciting. Though I haven't started yet, I do metal detect when I can. I discussed rolling with my wife and she doesn't get it, but she did hear "free silver". At any rate, as I'm dreaming of where I am going to make my first move, my wife calls me at work to tell me that she has a surprise for me for when I get home.

My 4 year old went shopping with my wife and at some point she noticed that his pockets were al;most splitting at the seam. Low and behold, his pockets were filled with clad coins. My wife asjked where he found them and he pointed to the return slot of the "Coinstar", all in all there was about $10.00 in clad , one silver quarter and a 1940 Nickel. I said, "babe, that's what I'm talking about, on Monday, lets hit the bank for rolls"

She still doesn't get it, but she likes the idea of free silver.

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh she will get it when you start pullin silver out!!! :thumbsup:

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Hey there,
My wife didnt understand either. One day while waiting in line at the grocery store she went to check to coinstar machine becuase i told here that is a hot spot. Low and behold she came back with some clad and some silver quarters and dimes. Then after leaving there we stopped at two banks and got about $240 worth of hand rolled halves. We got home and went through them and pulled out 37 silvers. needless to say just about everyday when one of us passes a bank we stop to get rolls of coins. A few weeks ago we were out running arrends(seperately) and I got home first and layed out $300 worth of coins on the table. She got home all excited and said hunny guess what i got today, $300 worth of rolled coins!!! I think I have here addicted now just as much as myself. Its a great thing...
As it stands now we search about 4 boxes a day together and love it. We are starting to save up a great little nest egg of silver all at face value.

Happy Hunting,
Jason

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Shake-N-Bake said:
Hey there,
My wife didnt understand either. One day while waiting in line at the grocery store she went to check to coinstar machine becuase i told here that is a hot spot. Low and behold she came back with some clad and some silver quarters and dimes. Then after leaving there we stopped at two banks and got about $240 worth of hand rolled halves. We got home and went through them and pulled out 37 silvers. needless to say just about everyday when one of us passes a bank we stop to get rolls of coins. A few weeks ago we were out running arrends(seperately) and I got home first and layed out $300 worth of coins on the table. She got home all excited and said hunny guess what i got today, $300 worth of rolled coins!!! I think I have here addicted now just as much as myself. Its a great thing...
As it stands now we search about 4 boxes a day together and love it. We are starting to save up a great little nest egg of silver all at face value.

Happy Hunting,
Jason

Did ya ever consider spreading all that silver out on the bed and................. Nevermind..... LOL

Mojo

OP
OP
ScoobaSteve

ScoobaSteve

Nov 28, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTX500
coinmojo said:
Shake-N-Bake said:
Hey there,

Happy Hunting,
Jason

Did ya ever consider spreading all that silver out on the bed and................. Nevermind..... LOL

Mojo

ROFL Gold would be much better!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread