Where do you exchange all the foriegn coins from CRH

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jrf30 said:
Do the canadian cents have mint marks, or just years? Are there more than one coin for each year, like in the US, or just 1 per year to complete the set?

Once you get to the 21st century, coins come with a P mintmark and "no P" versions. Some are very tough to find. I don't think anyone's found a 2001-P in the three years of GMan's tracking list.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Shake-N-Bake said:
ugotit22 said:
thanx for all the ideas guys.
i think im going to just hold onto them for a while. I mainly have alot of canadians. Pennys and dimes. I was thinking about just dumping some rolls with those mixed in but im pretty sure someone will be pissed with a full roll of candian dimes instead of us. I thought about my locale dump banks machine, but it spits out all candians.
Any who, il just sit tight with them and see what happends.
Keith

If it is mostly canadians go get yourself a Whitman book and complete the set. It is amazing to think you completed a Canadian set from US coin rolls. I have completed two Canadian pennies and almost a complete nickel and dime set. Just floors me that it was done from US coin rolls. Then like all other sets throw them in the closet for ten or so years.
Just an idea.

Happy Hunting,
Jason
i agree totaly....i keep em all

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Immy said:
jrf30 said:
Do the canadian cents have mint marks, or just years? Are there more than one coin for each year, like in the US, or just 1 per year to complete the set?

Once you get to the 21st century, coins come with a P mintmark and "no P" versions. Some are very tough to find. I don't think anyone's found a 2001-P in the three years of GMan's tracking list.

or in more recent year the RCM or Royal Canadian Mint mintmark.

I think there are also proofs with other mintmarks, but not sure. Still haven't purchased a book on Canadian coins like I planned at the beginning of the year, maybe I'll buy myself one for XMas.

As far as the 2001-P, only pennies haven't been found. There are also some tough varieties such as the 1953, 1954, and 1955 Shoulder Fold/No Shoulder Fold varieties where one is tougher than the other. 1970 is a tough year for Canadian coins (other than pennies)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread