Me and my NICKELS **UPDATE**

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
I did 3 boxes first thing this morning, dumped then by noon, went to another source bank that is now ordering bags... Also I hope it pans out but the vault manager assured me that she could get me unlimited supply of bags of large dollars. We will see :icon_sunny: She asked their ordering company twice and they said they had huge amounts of large dollars... She ordered me two bags for Friday, before she even asked me if I wanted them, SHE KNEW!!! LOL!
Anyways the 3 boxes this morning produced 5 Silver "WAR" nickels. The bag I just skimmed through it and found 2 Silver "WAR" nickels so far.
Also traded 8 silver war nickels and a 1964 Half dollar today for a 1939D nickel to complete my set today. 8 silver nickels found at face value for a $10 nickel I thought was a good deal :icon_pirat: 8 x $0.05 = $0.40 + $0.50 = $0.90.

I included a picture for you kiddies to check out. I know alot of you guys like pictures.

Attachments

• nickels.jpg
    nickels.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 556
Upvote 0

kbinski

Sep 29, 2008
Re: Me and my NICKELS

Drooling! Finding a war nick just has to be about one of my favorite to find CRHing!!!

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

i'm dyin here .....are you getting the large dollars or what....if not p.m. me and i'll buy $500.00 worth

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Shake-N-Bake said:
Also traded 8 silver war nickels and a 1964 Half dollar today for a 1939D nickel to complete my set today. 8 silver nickels found at face value for a $10 nickel I thought was a good deal :icon_pirat: 8 x $0.05 = $0.40 + $0.50 = $0.90.

Silver melt value the traded coins at current silver price:
8 x $0.55 for the war nickels
1 x $3.54 for the half dollar

my math says that totals $7.94.

Seemed high to me, but based on a quick search online. It appears to be right in line with what they are selling for (saw a G-4 listed at $8.00 and other at $8.50 or $8.75). Granted I did not do an exhaustive search.

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007

GMan00001 said:
Shake-N-Bake said:

Silver melt value the traded coins at current silver price:
8 x $0.55 for the war nickels
1 x $3.54 for the half dollar

my math says that totals $7.94.

Seemed high to me, but based on a quick search online. It appears to be right in line with what they are selling for (saw a G-4 listed at $8.00 and other at $8.50 or $8.75). Granted I did not do an exhaustive search.

the 1939D in VF - EF condition was priced at the dealer for $10 which is right at book price. I was using the math for face value of what I found CRH. I just really wanted to complete my set before the end of the year. My goal next year is to complete 10 sets of jeffersons, my overall goal is to complete a roll set but that is going to take some time. I completed the 1938 to 1961 set in three weeks of CRH(about $6,500 searched in nickels) NOT BAD FOR THREE WEEKS :icon_pirat:

Good news is I am two away from my next set: 1939D & 1949S

Happy Hunting
Jason

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007

mistergee said:
i'm dyin here .....are you getting the large dollars or what....if not p.m. me and i'll buy $500.00 worth

Oh HELL yeah I am buying. 8) I should have 2 $1,000 dollar bags waiting for me on Friday.

I will keep you posted. (ALSO I WILL SURELY TAKE PICTURES OF THE BAGS) never seen a bag of them myself

Happy Hunting,
Jason

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac

Wow, you have the touch when it comes to nickles. If you have nearly 2 sets, you have done well, way to go!

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

Shake-N-Bake said:
mistergee said:

Oh HELL yeah I am buying. 8) I should have 2 $1,000 dollar bags waiting for me on Friday.

I will keep you posted. (ALSO I WILL SURELY TAKE PICTURES OF THE BAGS) never seen a bag of them myself

Happy Hunting,
Jason
WOW...never would i have thought that anyone could find that many large dollars in one place....there has to be something in there. most i ever saw was $50.00 worth..good luck and keep us posted :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Hello everyone, and thank you for the comments. I completed the bag and got my first BUFFALO nickel a 1936D. I also got a 1950D, and a total of 4 Silver war nickels one of them being a 1944S which happens to be the hardest on the east coast. I also got a boat load of pre 1960's.
When I went to dump these nickels off today I asked the teller the usual question "do you have any halves" she said only two, I said I'll take them. Ended up being a 1967 and a 1968D. Go figure I have been skunked 17 boxes in a row, I buy two loose and hit 2 silver 40%'ers. Oh well I will take them.
Keep up the good work everyone.

Happy Hunting,
Jason

Nick in NEPA

Dec 28, 2006
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great grab with the large dollars! Do they come in rolls also?

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Hello all,

Well I went and picked up my 2 $1,000 bags of large Dollars Today KINDA. I called the bank and asked if bags were in, teller informed me yes. I was so stoked because I have been told from another bank I could order bags of large dollar coins and then turned out not being able to get them. So needless t say I drove 60 miles an hour to get to the bank(not really but I was speeding a little from the excitement :wink:). When I got there the bags were on the back counter ready for me. She set the first bag on the counter and I must have looked like i lost my best friend because she said "what is wrong". On the bag where the ifromation is about what the quantity ect. is on the bag it said "$1,000 1973 Eisenhower dollars". Upon further examination of the contents, sure enough solid date bag. GO FIGURE what is going on here. How would a coin processing center have solid date bags? I asked the tellre to look at the other bag, 1976 Eisenhower's. What is up with this? What a disappointment. Well I didnt have to take them but I was still bummed. The teller asked if I wanted some next week but I told her no. Well maybe better luck next time.

Jason

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
Shake-N-Bake said:
Hello all,

Well I went and picked up my 2 $1,000 bags of large Dollars Today KINDA. I called the bank and asked if bags were in, teller informed me yes. I was so stoked because I have been told from another bank I could order bags of large dollar coins and then turned out not being able to get them. So needless t say I drove 60 miles an hour to get to the bank(not really but I was speeding a little from the excitement :wink:). When I got there the bags were on the back counter ready for me. She set the first bag on the counter and I must have looked like i lost my best friend because she said "what is wrong". On the bag where the ifromation is about what the quantity ect. is on the bag it said "$1,000 1973 Eisenhower dollars". Upon further examination of the contents, sure enough solid date bag. GO FIGURE what is going on here. How would a coin processing center have solid date bags? I asked the tellre to look at the other bag, 1976 Eisenhower's. What is up with this? What a disappointment. Well I didnt have to take them but I was still bummed. The teller asked if I wanted some next week but I told her no. Well maybe better luck next time.

Jason

Jason,

Go back to the bank and pickup the bag of 1973 IKES. These were never released for circulation and they will go for at least $5 each if not more.

Great find.

65GT350

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
[/quote]

Jason,

Go back to the bank and pickup the bag of 1973 IKES. These were never released for circulation and they will go for at least $5 each if not more.

Great find.

65GT350
[/quote]

REALLY, I didn't know that. I never come across Ike's so I wasnt aware of that. But i wonder why a CWI facility has them? I will go back on monday and get them. I don't want them all. Do you want some? I am sure I can work out a good deal with ya :wink: Thanks for the info.
Jason

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
Sure I'll take some. I would call and confirm that they are 1973's and not 1978's though before driving back out there.

65GT350

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
I checked the bag to see if indeed they were what the bag said they were and they were 1973's, and they all look circulated from the ones i saw. I fliped the bag over to see if anything else slipped by and got in like Morgans or Peace dollars and they looked like all circulated 1973's... The bank is about 10 minutes from my house so its no big deal to drive there.
I will keep you posted.

Jason

sneak

Oct 24, 2007
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
So, you had the bank order you $2000 in Ike dollars and then you wouldn't even take them? ??? And one of the bags is solid 1973's??

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you saying you can get a bag of 1000 solid date 1973 Ike's? If so, that is just amazing. I would definitely purchase that bag without hesitation. Keep us posted on this. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions