TODAYS ROAD TRIP PAID FOR GAS...MAYBE

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
TODAY'S ROAD TRIP PAID FOR GAS...MAYBE

I took a nice road trip which was not one that I had planned for very well. I went through 1800 in hand rolls and walked away with (16) 40%ers and one Gold dipped 1977d. I will take the finds but man it made for a long day just pulling one 40% here and another one there after hours of driving. Most of the rolls were peoples dumps. The central part of the State is pretty dried up. Oh well...until the next one.

-Golden Silver

Upvote 0
S

seger98

Re: TODAY'S ROAD TRIP PAID FOR GAS...MAYBE

I don't take road trips anymore, just doesn't seem to pay for me... I'f I'm on my way somewhere & I pass a bank, then I'll stop in.

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac

I have been considering a road trip myself. Thanks for letting me know youve cleaned it out, Ill stay home instead.

At least it was a nice day for a drive.

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

Hey Nate, you should go and see what you find. It is nice on the road. I have hit a lot of VA. but it has been months since I have hit many of the towns. You might get lucky. That is what this hobby is about.

-Golden Silver

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I say congrats GS....16 keepers is a good day! It may not have been what you hoped for or expected, but a road trip and 16 keepers sure beats a day at the office.....lol. I am sure it was relaxing...change of pace...different scenery...doing something that you enjoy...kudos GS.

I love road trips! Good luck on the next search and keep plugging buddy...which I know you will.... :wink:

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

At least the gas is priced right. I filled my tank yesterday @ $1.63 a gallon. 12 gallons for about $20 - I remember searching this past June and the gas cost was just hitting $60 for a good road trip. Of course the silver was about what $18 then and my 401-k was about $25,000 fatter :icon_scratch: Now I'm saving $160 per month on gas and the building we own was looking at a $25,000 oil bill that is now about $15,000...I'm getting a head ache :tard: better get me some more CWI Boxes tomorrow and maybe I'll finally get one of those dream boxes I've been reading about here. :headbang: :headbang:

Maine_Jim

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread