Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Went into a small-town bank, where I'd had a small score previously. They had some loose. Teller says to head teller, "----, would you like to check these first?"
NUTS! Well, after they picked out all the 90%, I got the butchered remains.

1 - 1967
1 - 2004 proof

Oh well can't complain too loud!

AMC

Upvote 0

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
I would have still complained. They could have searched them long before you got there. Picking through them in front of you is not cool.

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Narthoniel said:
I would have still complained. They could have searched them long before you got there. Picking through them in front of you is not cool.
Narthoniel, you are right. Not cool, yet, I don't have an account there, and if I made a fuss i would be biting the hand that fed me. It's also common for tellers to keep the silver at the bottom of the stack in their tray, I have no idea why unless they have a favorite customer they are saving for. They may have to keep it in sight for inventory purposes, I don't know.
On a side note, later in the day I bought $150 in rolls from another bank, and right away I noticed my nemises' initials on the rolls, too late to back out. Not a keeper in the bunch....that's the game....AMC

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
If it is a small town bank, it sounds out of the way. They would likely forget you by the time you went around again if you wait a while between stops. As for fishing out what you are looking fro right in front of you, I would have had a word with the manager. They had an unknown amount of time to sort through them. In front of you is NOT appropriate, and if complaining led to my dismissal empty handed, no big deal. They had a chance and they lost it in my opinion.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Narthoniel said:
If it is a small town bank, it sounds out of the way. They would likely forget you by the time you went around again if you wait a while between stops. As for fishing out what you are looking fro right in front of you, I would have had a word with the manager. They had an unknown amount of time to sort through them. In front of you is NOT appropriate, and if complaining led to my dismissal empty handed, no big deal. They had a chance and they lost it in my opinion.
i agree...a-holes....i had a teller say "i have $6.50 in halfs" pulls them out and says "oh no not that one, it has a mark on it" i said i'll take it anyway and she says"i was wrong i only have $4.00".....i guess i'm supposed to be stupid or something.....for the next 2 weeks i rerolled and dumped everything i had on her rather than go to the free counter....i hope she is still counting them everyday
also at 2 of my dump banks i found tellers who silver hunt.....after making a drop of like $200.00 in halfs the bag filled and the teller looks over at a lady at one of the desks and makes eye contact with her and lifts the bag up...the other lady nodded and smiled....at the other dump bank....same thing she calls another teller and holds up the bag and says "halfs"...i asked the bag puller "does she search halfs...she said yes....i like the lady who searches so i told her "tell her if she is looking for silver tell her not to bother"....i don't get coins there but next time i see her i'm gonna check with her to see how successful she's been searching all those bags they get and won't sell

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread