Re: 2 boxes 2 40's

Well atleast you got some silva!!! :icon_pirat:

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

I'm about even with you today, just did seven boxes and pulled six little 40% and a couple of proofs. Guess that beats skunk city! I'm starting to get too many rolls of these NIFC though. I know a lot of you just toss them back now but I still haven't hit that spot yet. :tard:

Maine_Jim

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

maine_Jim said:
I'm about even with you today, just did seven boxes and pulled six little 40% and a couple of proofs. Guess that beats skunk city! I'm starting to get too many rolls of these NIFC though. I know a lot of you just toss them back now but I still haven't hit that spot yet. :tard:

Maine_Jim

They seem too abundant to be worth anything... Now I am probably wrong, but in every box I come across a good 8 or 10. I have already seen a good 100 form 2008. ???

I just toss them back...

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008

yeah...old fiddycent has seen one too many also. i toss 'em back no matter what condition because i'm sure that somewhere out there is someone who needs THAT coin to fill their collection. and see...i was right. it was you! LOL!!! but seriously, i was excited at first but now i have all i need. and soon you will too.

i'm thinking real hard about the ones i have. i don't really see a huge market for circulated NIFC's. i posted a topic about this not long ago asking the value and what people do with them. the response i got was that most folks just chuck 'em.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

I'm getting close to tossing them all. I still haven't seen a 2008. Maybe after that I will start tossing them back. I an not interested in ebaying full sets. I know a couple of you are selling the sets and doing pretty well. I was thinking of just doing sets of the NIFC after I have made a few complete sets.

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
B

BeerBelly

May 6, 2008
Nevada

I just found out recently about the NIFC, so not sure how many I've passed up allready. I mainly search for silver, I don't have the eyesight to see the mint marks without a magnifying glass and don't want to take the time to use one on each coin. I only check the mint mark on the shiny coins. So I'm only pulling silver and NIFC. Maybe after I collect enough I'll take them to a coin dealer and see if he'll trade for silver.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

I don't have the eyesight to see the mint marks without a magnifying glass and don't want to take the time to use one on each coin
you don't need to see the mint marks on NIFC halfs....2002 and up are all NIFC

OP
OP
B

BeerBelly

May 6, 2008
Nevada

Lol, sorry about the mix-up, I was refering to proofs, etc when I mentioned the mint mark. ;D

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

terryin pa said:
I was wondering what NIFC is?

Not intended for circulation. Means you had to buy them directly from the US mint, at a premium to face value.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread