SERVICE CHARGE FOR MY HALVES

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
Hi All. I thought I was golden with a set up at my bank for a box of half dollars each week. My first box yielded 1 Ben, 1 1964 and 9 40%'s. A bit of confusion with my second box led to boxes 2 and 3 both arriving this week. When I went to pick up the boxes the manager tells me there is a $10 service charge per box because ordering halves is not part of there regular coin order. She waives the fee for these two boxes because I wasn't advised of the fee, but going forward it is $10 per box. I tried to convince her otherwise, but to no avail. I did throw it back at her, by putting her on the hook for a box of Dimes instead, as they are a part of their regular order. I am thinking of just going to other banks in the neighborhood to open up a new account with the stipulation that they don't charge me for my boxes of halves. This is a very disappointing development because the boxes have been pretty solid so far. Box 2 yielded 1 Ben and 7 40%, and box 3 yielded 14 40% and a proof Kennedy. I need boxes here in NYC because they never have loose rolls and hardly ever have loose halves in their till. Any suggestions for me going forward would be appreciated. Mercury 63

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That stinks, I would make them my new dump bank. >:(

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
yep...sounds to me like you got a new dump bank. one word of caution. beware that they don't start chargin' "dump fees".

good luck and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! :occasion14:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Wow, Is this the coming trend? I have not run into any fees yet. What I have run into are tellers who grow tired of dealing with the orders. Anybody ever have this happen? I started ordering from BOA about 10 months ago because the teller offered to order them for me with out me even asking about it. So I started ordering boxes regularly. They must have not imagined that it would become a regular task for them because after a few months I was getting tellers with a chip on their shoulders. Eventually they would start forgetting to order or tell me to call back later in the week and when I did and the coins were still not there they got upset that I was calling so much. I later discontinued my orders with them because I don't like being made to feel like I am a problem. Just wondering if you all have experienced similar attitudes.

-Golden Silver

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
$10.00 a box is nuts....sounds like someone doesn't want to deal with you anymore.....bet you go to a different branch of the same bank and they don't charge you....i agree.....dump on them

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Thats a bummer Merc I had the same thing just happen to me as well... new vault teller and 17.50 a box and the boxes were producers ( I have had some nice scores from them since March)... yeah I agree with the others turn them into a dump bank and find a bank that orders the same type of boxes ... I have a new bank but limited to 2 boxes right now and they are CWI rolls I was doing Brinks ... I will see how things go only 3 banks in my area that will do anything with coins ... anyways best of luck ,Ed

golden silver said:
Wow, Is this the coming trend? I have not run into any fees yet. What I have run into are tellers who grow tired of dealing with the orders. Anybody ever have this happen? I started ordering from BOA about 10 months ago because the teller offered to order them for me with out me even asking about it. So I started ordering boxes regularly. They must have not imagined that it would become a regular task for them because after a few months I was getting tellers with a chip on their shoulders. Eventually they would start forgetting to order or tell me to call back later in the week and when I did and the coins were still not there they got upset that I was calling so much. I later discontinued my orders with them because I don't like being made to feel like I am a problem. Just wondering if you all have experienced similar attitudes.

-Golden Silver

Yeah GS hahha you could say that things were pretty tense for months at my dump bank , the first 2 boxes I took back they called the police on me cuz they thought they might be stolen ?????? Then every week the head teller would say I hope you arent looking for silver cuz there is none in them Brinks has already picked them out ( the funny part was everytime she said it my boxes were blessed with keepers )ha .. There are some really nice tellers out there but there is alot that arent so nice when it comes to dealing with halves , Ed

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
So if you make them your dump bank and they don't have a coin counter, (also could be fees), do you have to roll them all up, or do they hold them for a count, then deposit later?
I am lucky enough to have 1 CU that has a counter and I pay no fees. Just wondering. AMC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread