Finally got Shaved after 2,500,000 Halves

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
That's right Sportsfans, I have searched my large butt off and today I was rewarded with my first Barber. I know they have come easier to some of you but I have not had the fortune to find one until today.
One of the bags I picked up today only had one keeper. I can't imagine why it made it this far.

Best of luck to all of you and Happy Holidays ! Jim

Attachments

• Barber.jpg
    Barber.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 712
Upvote 0
OP
OP
coolpix9

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
The back looks okay too. Thanks

Attachments

• reverse of barber.jpg
    reverse of barber.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 700

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
Congrats,

That is a very nice looking Barber for being found in the wild. It should grade at least VG.

65GT350

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the club CP, we saved a seat for ya. Very nice Barber!

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
wow cp! that's a good lookin' barber ya got there. i was very surprised by the title of your post. i would have figured a guy who goes thru that many coins would have stumbled upon one here and there but hey...this hobby is funny like that. well, congrats anyway!

i agree with bjorn...i'd be willin' to be the next one won't take near as long.

good luck and happy holidays to you and yours! :occasion14:

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Nice looking coin there. I am still waiting but am a bit behind on search numbers. 2,500,000...2500 boxes - wow - that is an amazing feat in itself. You deserve a banner for that! That is what 35 box a week for a year. That is persistence.

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
coolpix9

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
I first posted in January of 2007. I had the bug a bit before that. I am right at 2 years searching and that is still more than I ever thought I would do. I am sure glad that more silver has started to surface again. That 6 month drought was tough on all of us.

I hope you are safe and have power etc. Thanks Jim, Jim

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kbinski said:
Congratulations that is quite the feat!!!
2,500,000 halves searched... cant even imagine

although I can't imagine that many halves.....I can imagine that many coins... :) Hoping to hit the 2 million mark by the end of the year...need to pick up about 95,000 more coins over the next 2 weeks.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alriiiight Papa.....WTG!!!!! That baby is in pretty good shape too.....very nice score. As many coins as you go through and the effort you put in.....you definitely deserve this one!! I hope they start popping up more frequently for you now Pop. :thumbsup:

CONGRATULATIONS

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
That is wonderful. I still have not found one. Congrats to you man.

HH
Cat

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Congrats Jim. Two years without a shave haha. Maybe you will have better luck than I but I have yet to find the sister to the one I found last year. And I agree about the silver infusion- much better now. HH Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions