Christmas shopping change

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
Got my change back today while out christmas shopping. I did not notice it when she handed me the change I just put it in my pocket. Later when I went to pay for something else I pulled the change out of my coat pocket and found a 1941 quarter. Gee if I could only remember who gave me those quarters I would go back and see if they had any more. There was also a 1967 and a 1965.

HH
Cat

Upvote 0

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
ya never know when or where the bling will show up. good eye. :thumbsup: most of my quarters have been cherrypicked from teller's trays.

scored some solid rolls of 40's last week. went back to the bank and bought ALL the handrolled quarters they had thinkin' that whoever turned in the halves may have turned in quarters and dimes too. after i bought all the quarters the teller asked if i was the guy who bought all those halves yesterday. i replied i was. she said she'd just taken them in the day before i bought 'em. i asked her if she remembered the guy who brought 'em in. she said she did. i asked if he dropped off any other coins. she said no...just the half dollars. DANG. i had a feelin' the quarter rolls were gonna be skunk now...and i'd had such high hopes. alas, i was right. all clad. no bling. i just don't have ANY luck with rolls of quarters. oh well.

congrats on yours.

OP
OP
Cat J

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
I figured out who I got those quarter from and called the shop and had the lady look in her drawer to see if there were any more. She had all 67, 68, and low 70's but no more silver but from now on she will watch for them for me. It is a little scuba dive shop and I bought some Christmas present there. Hope she finds some more for me.

HH
Cat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread