Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have drastically slowed my box hunting, as the returns have been pretty dismal, but I still stop at banks if I am out and about to get loose and rolls that may be available. I stopped at a Wells Fargo that has produced for me, and they had two rolls, so i gave them $20 got them both. I could immediately tell that one was shorter than the other, so I figured I was going to get shorted on the smaller roll and went to count them at a side table before I left so I could let the teller know. Look to be all silver (in reality it did have one clad), so I hurried and rerolled them and did not care if it was short or not. When I got to my car, it turned out the shorter roll was correct in count, and the larger roll had 22 coins in it. Out of the 42 coins in the two rolls, 41 were silver, and a lone 73 clad. I have not had a chance to get the mixture (had to get back to work, was on lunch break), but I saw Benji's, Walkers and 40%. This has definitely made up for the poor returns I have been receiving lately. Happy hunting!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
64s make me moist. Walkers and Benjamins!?!? way to go man!!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go back in there and ask a different teller if they have any rolls. Maybe the teller you talked to knew the rolls had silver and was trying to keep as many as they can from you. Its worth a shot if its not out of the way right?

-Codes

OP
OP
E

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Codes said:
Go back in there and ask a different teller if they have any rolls. Maybe the teller you talked to knew the rolls had silver and was trying to keep as many as they can from you. Its worth a shot if its not out of the way right?

-Codes
I know I got them all. She did not even have any in her drawer. I watched as she checked with each teller, then went and got these out of the vault. About every teller I have talked to there has said they hate messing with halves, and are glad to get rid of them. I go by there about every week, and they only have 2 - 3 roll max, just whatever someone brings in.

OP
OP
E

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Count is in, 12 Benjamins (1960 - 1962) and 29 40%. Was mistaken on the walker, and no 1964's. Nice haul tho. ;D ;D ;D

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
Great going , pal. I bet for a fleeting second you thought that they were somehow going to take that roll away from you, and you felt compelled to get out of the bank asap. Merc 63

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
dream rolls....i love it...i would go back and see if they have any customer handrolls of other coins....just in case the person who dropped off the silver halfs may also have dropped off some silver dimes ,nickles or quarters...and don't pass up the pennies either....they have been known to have lots of wheats and even some indians :thumbsup:

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Kudos that is a sweet score ... guess that you could call those fanasty rolls cuz you hauled 41 keepers outta 2 rolls :wink: ...one keeper passed the dream mark, congrats Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread