Box came in from new source: Updated, found my first walker!

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Re: Box came in from new source

Hopefully the credit union uses a different coin courier company. If they use the same as your other bank, say Brinks for example, you will be getting coins from the same "pool". Many think that the coins their bank gets are coins that same bank sent into the courier. From what I have read companies like Brinks commingle everything that comes in and the boxes go out as ordered. The theory about not dumping where you purchase is more so as to not anger the tellers as opposed to reducing the possibility of getting your dumps back in your new boxes.

Thus if you normally get Brinks and they are crappy, try a bank or cu that uses CWI rolls, or perhaps some other company's rolls.

Jim

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good luck!!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
B

BeerBelly

May 6, 2008
Nevada

I picked up the box, it's from the same company, (string?) the yellow and white wrappers. Has the same number stamped on the box as the others did, 5284. I guess thats the batch, or pallet #? Anyway, not expecting much. The last several boxes, a lot of the coins were marked, and I can see a lot of marked coins on the top of the rolls. Oh well, hopefully I'll get at least 1 today!

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BeerBelly said:
I picked up the box, it's from the same company, (string?) the yellow and white wrappers.

Its most likely from the same company if its from the same bank. But N.F. String just supplies the paper wrappers and isn't actually a company that deals with coins like Brinks does.

OP
OP
B

BeerBelly

May 6, 2008
Nevada

Well,
I'm surprised. The box wasn't so bad this time. 12 keepers, (6 NIFC, 3 40's, 2 90's and a 1942 walker?) The walker was shiny, with some of it a golden color. It sounds silver, but looks too shiny for silver. Gonna look it up on the net, I'm thinking it's a modern commerative, but it does say 1942 on it.

OP
OP
B

BeerBelly

May 6, 2008
Nevada

O.K. that was quick. It's a 1942 walker, 90% silver, 10% copper. Cool!
You guys are prolly laughing, but I never saw one of those before, and thought it was something modern. It's in almost perfect condition, it looks like it just came out of the mint.
My first walker. Yay!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, congrats on your first!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Congrats on the Walker :thumbsup:, they are always nice to find. They can come in bunches - I'd order a few boxes from that source Monday, you might get a surprise dream box!

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
B

BeerBelly

May 6, 2008
Nevada
Thanks fellas,
Maybe you guys can help me out with a positive I.D. here. I know I should get a red book, but I just don't have the funds available right now. Anyway, this walker appears to be maybe platinum and gold, or gold plated. It seems two tone. On the front, the robes are a very shiny pale gold color, while the rest (including the body of lady liberty) is a shiny silvery color. I've never seen silver shine like that, it almost looks like chrome. The other side is mostly gold colored, except for the rim, which is the shiny silvery color. There is no mint mark. It sounds like silver, but it doesn't really look like it, to me anyway. So what is it? Is it a special edition or something? Commemorative? I don't have a pic, but I'll try to get one as soon as I can.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen those before, they were done up like that long after they left the mint. Companies do that and try to sell them for a lot more than they are worth.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• gold - silver eagle.jpg
    gold - silver eagle.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 277
OP
OP
B

BeerBelly

May 6, 2008
Nevada
Thanks TF and Scalper.
It's somewhat similar to the pic TF posted, though the silver part was more like chrome than silver. Anyway, I guess I know what I have now. It's ok though, it's still a walker, I'm happy. :thumbsup:

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
the boxes i get from loomis almost always have a walker in the mix. never gotten a walker out of a brinks box

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread