Cherry picked coin deala 6 Indian heads for $5

Silver Sniper

Dec 17, 2008
I went to the local coin shop today to look for some silver rosies to complete my set and out of the corner of my eye I spy 6 indian head pennies for 5 bucks! I dont really collect these coins and dont know a whole lot about them so I bought them. the dates ranged from 1902 to 1908 so I bought 6 of the 10 in the box. The coins are vf to ef condition and according to my red book they range 3.50 to 9.00! Im pissed i didnt get the other 4. I plan on goin back tomorrow and getting the rest if there still there. I guess just goes to show that there are more than 1 way to get coins for cheap!

Upvote 0

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Sniper said:
I went to the local coin shop today to look for some silver rosies to complete my set and out of the corner of my eye I spy 6 indian head pennies for 5 bucks! I dont really collect these coins and dont know a whole lot about them so I bought them. the dates ranged from 1902 to 1908 so I bought 6 of the 10 in the box. The coins are vf to ef condition and according to my red book they range 3.50 to 9.00! Im pissed i didnt get the other 4. I plan on goin back tomorrow and getting the rest if there still there. I guess just goes to show that there are more than 1 way to get coins for cheap!

Pick up about 50 boxes of pennies and you can get them for 6 cents if you're lucky. :thumbsup:

-Codes

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!!! Everytime I try to go to my local coinshop they are always closed... >:(

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Pick up about 50 boxes of pennies and you can get them for 6 cents if you're lucky. :thumbsup:

-Codes

You would have to be VERY lucky. It takes me 100,000 pennies to find one IH. That's 40 boxes. :P

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
Cool score. Not to one up you but I bought some for my collection the other day. Just due to the fact that I didnt have any. Well I get 70 of them for $40 bucks. I come home to look them up for kicks and giggles and redbook says $480. :icon_pirat:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I remember correctly, the junk IH box are either 85c or 95c each at my local coin shop.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread