Another try

scavenger

Oct 21, 2004
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre (Soon to be teknetics T2SE)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Picked up 20 rolls of quarters and 15 rolls of nickels last night all hand rolls and went through them. got about 15 holes filled in my folder, 3 bicentennials (have a habit of hoarding t hose too) and got a half roll of various statehoods in excellent condition easily ms-60 so I kept those for trading purposes to get the D mints I cant seem to find. No silver, probably a dozen 1965's :-[

Went through the nickels and had better luck, I have a habit of hoarding the newer nickels (boats, peace, ocean, and new 3/4 profile jeffersons)
got a couple oldies including
56D
57D
59D

got 15 of the new 3/4 profiles
got 8 boats
got 12 new buffs
got 10 of the ocean view
and 5 of the peace/louisiana purchase

no silver but had a lot of fun, goin bank hoppin wendsday to try and find some halves or dollars what years are the highest silver content in Ikes?

002-1.jpg

006-2.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

scavenger

Oct 21, 2004
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre (Soon to be teknetics T2SE)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok thanks, just went through $115 worth of hand rolled dimes. Rewards was one lonely '58 D rosie

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
One silver dime from that amount is actually pretty good. The universal average is one per $250 box.

As far as finding silver in quarters... GOOD LUCK! I've found only a couple after looking through tens of thousands of dollars worth. I spent only like two weeks on them before giving up... that was the first coin I hunted for high weight of silver... I quickly realized they ARE NOT worth the time, lol. Then I found halves... soooo much better! =)

I hoard bicentennials too... not sure why considering there are like 100 trillion of them, lol. Oddly enough, rolls of them sell for more than face on ebay... even random circulated rolls. Probably the loons that think they are rare buying them. =)

Good luck filling the holes in your albums!

~Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread