Road trip yielded me my largest silver score EVER!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been waiting to post this for 3 days now! We had a major ice storm and have been out of power since friday morning 6AM !!!

Thursday I did a road trip hitting up banks looking for old silver. I went to several banks, some were skunks, some were decent and 2 were just awesome! ;D

bank 1:
they had zero halfs, no customer hand rolls

bank 2:
$10 in loose, and one roll. They teller said you probably do not want these, they are old and dirty. The roll was all clad, but the 20 loose in her tray were 12 out of 20 silver. Nice! :wink:

bank 3:
no halves, but lots of hand rolled dimes, nickels, and pennies. I got $300 in dimes, $100 in nickels, and $20 in pennies. Ended up with 2 war nickels, 2 silver Rosies, and 7 wheats, not too bad.

bank 4:
$16 in halves loose in tray, all skunk

bank 5:
$100 in rolls, just brought into them yesterday the teller told me. Almost every roll had silver. Ended up with 6 walking liberties, 5 franklins, 14- 90% kennedys and 41- 40% 66 total silvers or $33 out of $100, nice score :D

bank 6:
$1.50 loose, skunk

bank 7:
$17.50 loose, all skunk

bank 8:
$1.00 (2 halves..lol)skunk

bank 9:
here is where I scored! :o Walked in asked them if they had any halves, loose or rolled, she said well all we have is what is on the coin counter, and it is not full, we normally wait till it hits $1000 then send to feds. So I pleaded with her and she gave in and sold it to me, :wink: There was $361 in the bag.

When she sit it on the counter I immediately saw silver, LOTS of silver in the bag. I was trying to hide my excitement as I paid her. I had a hard time riding home after buying this bag. I knew I had just made a huge silver score. When I got home I started going thru it and almost every handful contained silver. The bag contained the following

75-40%
64-90% kennedys
1 franklin
$6.47 mixed change, like quarters, dimes etc.
2 of the new presidential dollar coins.

she told me some change slips thru in the half bag but it is not counted toward the half total so it was free to me basically, so i got $8.47 in free change

so all together with everything combined I ended up with:

7 wheats
2 war nickels
2 silver rosies
6 walking liberties
6 Franklins
128- 40% kennedys
78- 90% kennedys

total 222 silver for the day! My best road trip ever!!!!! here are the pics!

S6301036.jpg

S6301037.jpg

S6301038.jpg

S6301039.jpg

S6301040.jpg

S6301044.jpg

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job bro, congrats!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
WOW what a score....bet you'll remember it for the rest of your life....next question you will be asking is "how can i top this"....we all should have that problem ;D :thumbsup:

XX

Jan 11, 2008
Does that 1953 Franklin have a mint mark on the back, (if not, then your score just got better!!)

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
XX said:
Does that 1953 Franklin have a mint mark on the back, (if not, then your score just got better!!)
it is a 1953 D.........

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Mmmm! Definately drool worthy!

Those pictures are beautiful!

If I wasn't so poor right now, those pictures would definately have me out, even on these icy roads, hitting up banks for halves!

~Dave

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now I just hope silver goes back to $21 an oz.............lol

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
No offense to this find, but we have had much bigger hauls in this forum and they didn't make the banner. I've practically ran campaigns to get some of our fellow CRH's finds to the banner, including rallying up banner votes and PM'ing admins and such... but to no avail.

Unless one of us finds a solid roll of gold coins marked as pennies and sold to us for 50 cents... we ain't gonna hit that banner again (no idea HOW the post or two from the past made it).

~Dave

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BBcardsRI said:
No offense to this find, but we have had much bigger hauls in this forum and they didn't make the banner. I've practically ran campaigns to get some of our fellow CRH's finds to the banner, including rallying up banner votes and PM'ing admins and such... but to no avail.

Unless one of us finds a solid roll of gold coins marked as pennies and sold to us for 50 cents... we ain't gonna hit that banner again (no idea HOW the post or two from the past made it).

~Dave
I agree this is not banner worthy, it made my day.....heck it made my week, but to some people the banner is for people who dig one rare coin, etc.....

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I keep making my way back to this page. Awesome finds!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread